Poor HD Signal and Cancellation Penalty

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just to add another note to all of this. I was supposed to get a call within 2 hours of my call tonight to schedule the appointment. I ended up calling and they said that their system won't let them schedule a visit right now because of a light rain going on in our area right now. Someone will call me tomorrow to schedule this. I really can't believe how bad their service is. I have only been with direcTV for 5 months and I wish I never switched from Dish.

I really wish I was making it up, but that is what happened. I called back again and got another person to schedule the tech visit.

Once you get a tech out there to make the proper adjustments, you will be happy. :)

The numbers you posted for the 99 and 103 were all low from what they should be, thus causing you to lose signal on the HD, HD channels use a tighter beam.
The 99 and 103 S, the ones you said took a long time to come in, they are Spot Beams and you will probably only have HIGH numbers on a few, that is normal.

Customer service is customer service, no matter where you go. Unless I am calling for a very easy straight forward answer, I always call back 2 or 3 times. The turn over rate in call centers are ridiculous. The likely hood of you getting an inexperienced rep is always high. Once you get your situation resolved, it should be better.

I've never had to call back, or wait for a call back ever on a service call from Directv or Dishnetwork.

And I've had atleast 10 between the 2 compnays in the past 15 years

They told me that since I had a re-alignment issue in November and there was a problem again that there is a special department/process to make sure that the problem is totally resolved. This required someone else to call me back within 2 hours. I ended up getting a phone number and a pin to call back into another number. And through that last number I finally got a service call scheduled.

They told me that since I had a re-alignment issue in November and there was a problem again that there is a special department/process to make sure that the problem is totally resolved. This required someone else to call me back within 2 hours. I ended up getting a phone number and a pin to call back into another number. And through that last number I finally got a service call scheduled.

I have had that happen as well. Until your issue is resolved, you wont be able to deal with any other customer service reps best I remember.

Customer service is customer service, no matter where you go. Unless I am calling for a very easy straight forward answer, I always call back 2 or 3 times. The turn over rate in call centers are ridiculous. The likely hood of you getting an inexperienced rep is always high. Once you get your situation resolved, it should be better.

Yup, I can almost always tell when I get somebody new.
I give them a chance, but after getting put on hold a few times and realizing we are spinning wheels, I just hang up and call back.

This happened before?

If so, your install is poor.
This should almost never happen.

If it is on a pole, then there is a good chance the poll is not installed right.
Either it is buried wrong or does not have an anti spin device.
If this is the case, I would have them mount a new pole.

If it is on a mount, it could be missing the support arms, not locked down properly, etc.
A D* mount should not move at all if you pull on it.
They are designed to hold 300lbs.
I make a point to pull on every KA/KU mount before I mount a dish to it.
If it moves, then something is wrong.

I would make sure the dish has a proper mount before they leave.

Status
Please reply by conversation.