Popcorn Hour BD network playback

I have 2 3TB drives in my PC that holds my movies and shows and they get streamed over the net.

The player complies with all the BDA rules. It will not play copy protected ripped Blu Rays.

It is slysoft that does the dirty work from their island paradise... Outside the reach of the MPAA and other litigious organizations.

Cinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is the secret weapon of the BDA, and probably one day the PCH will have it inside. Just that the current chipset they use does not support it.

Well, one thing to note is that Oppo recently removed Iso support at the studio's request, which shows you the BDA License has it's own pull. I get that though, Oppo plans to keep making players they cant piss them off. The C series is the only one with a license, so I bet the C-300 model is the last one with a license, or if it does have a optical drive it'll have Cinavia. Hopefully, the A-300 and players like the Micca are seen as little thread and they dont scheme up news ways to make them remove things like Iso playback. I just dont think thats feasible, because you still have MKV/M2TS, and I'd hope they wouldn't wage war on every type of file container out there.

As far as 2012 BD Players, and beyond, it seems Cinavia is a pretty good scheme at this point.

Looks like I ended up in a sooner batch than expected:

RE: [A-300 & C-300] 6 July 2012 Batch [CHARGED, Pending to Ship]
A-300
Order taken from Jun 27, 2012 6:29:20 PM GMT+08:00
to Jun 29, 2012 1:13:04 PM GMT+08:00 will fall into this batch

I ordered mine on 6/28.

Just ordered this from Amazon

Western Digital WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive

Will report back on how things go when I get my A-300 in.

Just a heads up to anyone buying a new 300 series, there is currently a DTS-HD bug with ISO and folder rips, that is solved by using the BD Lite menu, as opposed to Full. There is also the seamless branching bug, that can pretty much show up on those type flicks in anything other than a M2TS rip with Clown BD or DVD Fab Ripper.

The DTS-HD bug is known, and Syabas is waiting on something from Sigma AFAIK.

Cool little product. I havent run the full battery of video tests yet, but brightness and contrast patterns look fine compared with my normal settings. Unit had old FW, so I updated which was very simple as well. My 2TB WD Elements external drive seems to work fine, and the A300 browses titles quick. All my movies are movie/lossless audio only rips to M2TS, and everything played perfectly so far. PQ and SQ seem fine, and it passed the 7.1 audio from Tin Tin to my Marantz without an issue. I really like the size, I put it right on top of my BTD500, and I also like the backlit remote.

Menu navigation is super easy, it has all the right settings, and for something that shipped Thu night from Hong Kong and arrived today, I really cannot complain.

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

Front USB
IMG_2472.jpg

I always use my AVR to ensure the device is sending what it is supposed to be:
IMG_2475.jpg

Ignore my feet, I didnt have any nail polish on today.

Well, Im sending the A300 out to pasture. I shoulda ordered a A-210, because the 300 models have problems. with certain movies depending on the file format, and I just dont want to have to test every movie I rip right then. Let me be clear, the 200 series do not have these same issues and have been made to be very reliable. It's a little ridiculous that after 8 months Syabus hasnt fixed the 300's. I also found a lot of issues with the video processing on the 300, using Spears and Munsil and DVE. Im a little pissed right now, so Im not buying an A-210, Ive ordered a Dune HD D1.When you talk to people on their forum, its kinda a running joke that these things are released buggy as hell and end up being nice later in life. Im personally tired of being a beta tester.

I think I have an A-200 and it's great, but I don't blame you for not wanting to be a beta tester.

Yeah, something told me to buy an A-210, but I figured the newer model had been out long enough. Seems syabus is also at the mercy of Sigma somewhat, so its not all their fault. Im just po'd. The Micca EP950 also seems like a good option.

Jason Whiddon said:
Yeah, something told me to buy an A-210, but I figured the newer model had been out long enough. Seems syabus is also at the mercy of Sigma somewhat, so its not all their fault. Im just po'd. The Micca EP950 also seems like a good option.

That's disappointing. I was hoping to get a C-300 to watch blu-ray ISOs without having to have my laptop connected to my TV. I guess I'll wait a little longer and hope they improve the current generation of hardware before pulling the trigger.

I would, or try the Micca EP950 out. I know someone that has it and is very happy, but it has had some 24hz and 60hz quirks with 3D. The 2D quirks were worked out in the framerate area. Most with a C200 or A210 dont see the reason to upgrade right now.

Currently, with the 300, there is no guarantee all Full Iso's will play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts