Popcorn Hour BD network playback

I'm looking at getting one of the new popcorn hour boxes, and I was wondering is this thing worth it? What I would like to do is box up all of my blur ay's and 3D bluray's and just play back via ISO on a NAS server. I have something like 200 plus bluray movies.

Hard to believe but I am up to almost 20 TB of ISOs now on my NAS servers (one has 7 3TB drives the other 7 2TB drives both in raid 6).

The only issue I really have is that sometimes slysoft takes a couple weeks on new releases to get a new copy protection broken. Aside from that the PCH has worked great over almost 2 years now.

I do not have any drives attached to the PCH. I have NAS servers.

Yea that's what I plan on doing is running NAS servers. I would think that 50 TB would be sufficant for my whole collection with room to grow. Now do you just rip to ISO or do you do MKV's? I am looking inbetween the c200 and the c300. Bluray 3d Iso support is huge.

I just do ISO since it is easy and the PCH does the full BD menu support. I use c200s.

I do not think that any of them (PCH) do 3D.

From the other thread, I now have a A-300 on order. I just missed the latest shipment by a day, so Im guessing it'll be 10 days before I get mine. I'm going to have a 2TB WD external connected via USB and will use it for all my movie playback. Im also gonna rip the DVE and Spears and Munsil Blu's over because Id like to test the video output of the device.

Cool deal. Im unsure whether Ill just use the one drive for kinda a Queue of stuff I like as well as stuff I havent seen, or I'll start compiling movies on drives. That one 2Tb should hold 40-50 movies.

Hehe. Well, the key right now is not licensed by the BDA, but after the Oppo 93 got shut down, which pissed me off, I take nothing for granted. To me, its asinine that one cant make an ISO of a disc they own.

I just wonder how long it is before the studio's find a way to try and shut down the PCH and other media players like the Micca PH950.

The player complies with all the BDA rules. It will not play copy protected ripped Blu Rays.

It is slysoft that does the dirty work from their island paradise... Outside the reach of the MPAA and other litigious organizations.

Cinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is the secret weapon of the BDA, and probably one day the PCH will have it inside. Just that the current chipset they use does not support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts