Portable Birdview Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I was out working claims in eastern Oklahoma today and saw these two BUDs in the same yard and had to laugh at the one on the trailer. Anyone looking for used BUD's need only look around Tahlequah, OKlahoma. I saw at least 60 today around the countryside.

Attachments

• DSC05144.JPG
    DSC05144.JPG
    705.7 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC05145.JPG
    DSC05145.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 227
yeah looks like good hunting grounds here in arkansas too...

have some family up your way and one is a OSU fan in the pryor / chouteau area

There were a couple dozen other homes near this one by a golf course, and every one of them had one of those solid birdview dishes in the yard.

yeah looks like good hunting grounds here in arkansas too...

have some family up your way and one is a OSU fan in the pryor / chouteau area

Depends on what part of arkansas you are in. I live just north of Russellville and I cant find one anywhere (I live out in the country also). There are quite a few around but they are either still in use, or they have been damaged beyond repair (there is one just down the street that has all of the interior torn out (it is a mesh dish) and they are using it as a flower pot holder :eek: .

I have asked several people that have them outside and have always been told no because they were being used (I was even told that by a guy that had the coax rolled into a bundle and laying on the feedhorn). He was going to get it working again (that was 6 mo. ago and the coax has never moved).

I did have a real estate agent find me one (on a house they were selling). Only problem was that it was a 1 piece 300lb (and it did not come apart). very bulky and very heavy. I couldnt get it into the truck to transport (it was 30 or so miles from my place).

I figure if I keep trying I will eventually end up with one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)