Position Setup and Signal Finder Menus.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rikoski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Indiana Dunes
I’m working with an Edision OSMio 4k; 2020-04-20. Enigma 2020-04-09. I would like to know how to use the Position Setup and Signal Finder menus in the Setup Screen. Specifically: Tune, Autofocus, Calibrate, Calculate and Go To. What are these for and how would I use them? Thanks.

Tune will bring you to a menu where you can input a satellite and select a transponder from a built-in list or you can enter your own parameters (manual settings). Autofocus is suppose to peak your aiming but sometimes it bombs out with messages about sync or unable to determine east or west "limit" (not the same as setting your east or west limit). I'm not sure about Calibrate. Calculate is suppose to reposition all programmed satellite positions after readjusting the current satellite position. Goto 0 is for HH mounts. Goto X or Goto Position sends the dish to the programmed position. I'm not sure of what Allocate does. I suppose an online help feature should be added to the firmware?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts