Possible Switch from Dish to Directv help please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks, Chip. That's helpful info.

I don't get why Direct doesn't try a little harder to harvest all the low-hanging fruit (customers) they could get right now!
Really no need to .... Your moving on your own ... D* has a lot more subs already than DISH, There are other deals out there than just the $10 off.

It's not a good sign, to me as someone thinking of switching to Direct, that they seem to be asleep at the switch.

If they aren't interesting in taking advantage of opportunities for themselves and their company..........how can I be confident that they'll try to do their best for their subscribers?
Did DISH come calling when D* has a dispute ?
I doubt that they would even acknowledge it.

Reactions: ChadT41
If Direct were on the ball, I wouldn't have to scavenger-hunt like this.

I'll probably end-up staying with Dish.

Dish is pretty lousy, but Direct sends signals of being just as bad.........
Would you like D* to personally call you and offer the top package for free ?

Hmmm........

..........looking at the fine print.........it appears that the monthly charges will be higher, in exchange for getting the gift card......this is from the Costco fine print:

"Featured package/service names and current prices through 2/4/15: SELECT $49.99/mo.; ENTERTAINMENT $57.99/mo.; CHOICE $66.99/mo.; XTRA $73.99/mo.; ULTIMATE $81.99/mo.; PREMIER $129.99/mo.; Advanced Receiver fee $15/mo. After 2/4/15 featured package/service names and prices will be: SELECT $49.99/mo.; ENTERTAINMENT $59.99/mo.; CHOICE $70.99/mo.; XTRA $77.99/mo.; ULTIMATE $86.99/mo. PREMIER $136.99/mo."

So, not really a deal?

Huh? No comprendo.....pls tell me more.......
It sounds to me like your expecting D* to start calling DISH subs and offer extravagant packages just because your missing a Fox channel ...
It doesn't work like that ... DISH will either resolve the Fox issue or dump them ...
D* really doesn't have anything to say about it, unless they are paying attention in case thier contracts are coming up, but I dont think thats the case.

Not expecting a call.

But it'd be very easy for Direct to run a few broader-circulation ads..........

Not expecting extravagant packages.

But it'd be very easy for Direct to explain how Dish subscribers can transition to Direct..........

The moral here seems to be that all these companies don't try hard to get or keep individual subscribers......they just do the minimum necessary to profit from people who are too busy, too confused, or too lazy to escape.....

I appreciate the responses on this forum, but it doesn't look like there's anything worth jumping for.

So, in the short run, I'll stay with Dish.........but more than ever I'm thinking about dumping them, too, and going it on my own.

Peace, and Happy 2015.

Hmmm........

..........looking at the fine print.........it appears that the monthly charges will be higher, in exchange for getting the gift card......this is from the Costco fine print:

"Featured package/service names and current prices through 2/4/15: SELECT $49.99/mo.; ENTERTAINMENT $57.99/mo.; CHOICE $66.99/mo.; XTRA $73.99/mo.; ULTIMATE $81.99/mo.; PREMIER $129.99/mo.; Advanced Receiver fee $15/mo. After 2/4/15 featured package/service names and prices will be: SELECT $49.99/mo.; ENTERTAINMENT $59.99/mo.; CHOICE $70.99/mo.; XTRA $77.99/mo.; ULTIMATE $86.99/mo. PREMIER $136.99/mo."

So, not really a deal?
If thats really the case, it looks like they have added the price increase in already, and it IS a good deal as the Price increase for the rest of use will be more than that.

Not expecting a call.

But it'd be very easy for Direct to explain how Dish subscribers can transition to Direct..........

The moral here seems to be that all these companies don't try hard to get or keep individual subscribers......they just do the minimum necessary to profit from people who are too busy, too confused, or too lazy to escape.....

I appreciate the responses on this forum, but it doesn't look like there's anything worth jumping for.

So, in the short run, I'll stay with Dish.........but more than ever I'm thinking about dumping them, too, and going it on my own.

Peace, and Happy 2015.
There are D* deals I see every week in the local flyers from the mail, I don't look at them as I already have D*, but they come in the mail, probably be in tomorrows mail, I'll have to look at it and see what they have to offer.

If thats really the case, it looks like they have added the price increase in already, and it IS a good deal as the Price increase for the rest of use will be more than that.

I didn't make my point clearly enough.

Those Costco deal prices - right from the get-go - are higher than the new subscriber prices on the Direct website.

So, the benefit of the Costco card is illusory. I'd be *more* than paying for it in higher monthly prices.

Those prices that Costco is advertising may represent the new pricing structure that is going into effect in a couple of months.

Those Costco deal prices - right from the get-go - are higher than the new subscriber prices on the Direct website.

So, the benefit of the Costco card is illusory. I'd be *more* than paying for it in higher monthly prices.
Its the same prices.. There is price increase happening on Feb. 5.. the fine print just reflects that they are informing you that prices are going up, so you wont call and complain.

And also the deal on Directv website also mentions the price increase..

"BILL CREDIT/PROGRAMMING OFFER: IF BY THE END OF PROMOTIONAL PRICE PERIOD(S) CUSTOMER DOES NOT CONTACT DIRECTV TO CHANGE SERVICE THEN ALL SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AT THE THEN-PREVAILING RATES.Three free months of HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and Cinemax with SELECT, ENTERTAINMENT, CHOICE, XTRA and ULTIMATE Packages, a $144 value when ordered by 2/4/15. Value on orders placed after 2/4/15 is $152.97. LIMIT ONE PROGRAMMING OFFER PER ACCOUNT. Featured package/service names and current prices through 2/4/15: SELECT $49.99/mo.; ENTERTAINMENT $57.99/mo.; CHOICE $66.99/mo.; XTRA $73.99/mo.; ULTIMATE $81.99/mo.; PREMIER $129.99/mo.; Advanced Receiver fee $15/mo. After 2/4/15 featured package/service names and prices will be: SELECT $49.99/mo.; ENTERTAINMENT $59.99/mo.; CHOICE $70.99/mo.; XTRA $77.99/mo.; ULTIMATE $86.99/mo. PREMIER $136.99/mo. Advanced Receiver fee $15/mo. In certain markets, a Regional Sports fee of up to $3.63/mo. through 2/4/15, up to $5.64/mo. after 2/4/15 will be assessed with CHOICE Package or above or MAS ULTRA Package or above.Prices include the following instant bill credits for first 12 months for customers ordering by 2/4/15: $30 for SELECT Package, $33 for ENTERTAINMENT Package; $37 for CHOICE Package, $39 for XTRA Package and $42 for ULTIMATE Package and above. Bill credit amounts for orders placed 2/5/15 or later will be: $30 for SELECT Package, $35 for ENTERTAINMENT Package; $41 for CHOICE Package, $43 for XTRA Package, $47 for ULTIMATE Package and $49 for PREMIER Package. Eligibility based on ZIP code."

Not expecting a call.

Peace, and Happy 2015.
It works the same as it did when you called DISH. You remember, you call and they send out a tech who does an install. It sounds to me you want to be rewarded more by DIRECT for leaving DISH for them. While they will be happy to have your business, especially in that final 12 months of the contract, customers like you cost companies more. By customers like you, I mean the one's that are always jumping around between providers all the time looking for that low hanging fruit credits.

Reactions: ChadT41 and Jimbo
It works the same as it did when you called DISH. You remember, you call and they send out a tech who does an install. It sounds to me you want to be rewarded more by DIRECT for leaving DISH for them. While they will be happy to have your business, especially in that final 12 months of the contract, customers like you cost companies more. By customers like you, I mean the one's that are always jumping around between providers all the time looking for that low hanging fruit credits.

Thanks for assuming you know about me, and for the gratuitous false insult.

If truth matters: I've been with Dish for more than eight years.

A "customer like me," though, apparently is...............one who is looking for quality and honesty, and isn't stupid enough to fall for bogus come-ons.

Sad, that while I came on this forum for info, and have stayed on a high road......some of you guys (including Direct-related guys?) quickly went into "insult, belittle and mock" mode.

So thanks, again, for the lesson -- and good luck with your customer base (which I suspect is increasingly dissatisfied).

ps -- A sincere thank you to the guys who did sincerely try to help!

Let's not forget we were all new here once. Honey and vinegar you know! :)

Yo,
I tried to help you and explain what to expect, problem was you didn't like what you were being told .... many of us have been here for a long time now and have be thru all this stuff.
If your expecting D* to give you More than the New Sub gets, sorry, just because your coming from the compilation does make you any better than the next new sub.

Reactions: KazooGuy
Thanks for assuming you know about me, and for the gratuitous false insult.

If truth matters: I've been with Dish for more than eight years.

A "customer like me," though, apparently is...............one who is looking for quality and honesty, and isn't stupid enough to fall for bogus come-ons.

Sad, that while I came on this forum for info, and have stayed on a high road......some of you guys (including Direct-related guys?) quickly went into "insult, belittle and mock" mode.

So thanks, again, for the lesson -- and good luck with your customer base (which I suspect is increasingly dissatisfied).

ps -- A sincere thank you to the guys who did sincerely try to help!
A lot of people usually come to Directv for the sports packages,especially NFL Sunday Ticket. Now Directv doesn't have Epix,but they are starting to get a lot of the online streaming perks that Dish has like FoxNow &FXNow(which Directv already has now) & I believe a lot of the Disney/ESPN online streaming perks(which should be coming to Directv soon). Directv is a different world than Dish. Directv has the CE(Cutting edge) program where you can D/L beta software for your HD receivers/DVR's/Genies. It's done usually every Friday & Saturday night from 11pm-2:30am each night. Directv DOES advertise(ever see the Rob Lowe commercials? "Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise"). If you do get set up with Directv,come back here & we'll tell how to operate certain things. If you have any problems,we might can help you diagnose problems before you have to directv for help. There are quite a few Directv installers here who can help you. Prices are going up for Directv in February(just like Dish),& as they said before,Costco prices no doubt reflected the new prices coming.

This seems like a great opportunity for Direct to capture a lot of Dish subscribers.

Is Direct doing anything to reach out to us? (Making the procedure clear and easy, giving contract or price incentives, etc.)

Maybe we should be asking Dish what they are doing to retain their customers. Apparently not much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.