Possible to change 4DTV Model 920 UHF Remote Frequency

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I've been hunting through the menus on my 4DTV Model 920 receiver, but I haven't found any options in there to change the remote control frequency. Does anybody know if it is possible to change the remote frequency? My receiver occasionally will turn itself off, or will bring up the guide. Lots of my neighbours have Starchoice systems (which are on the Digicipher platform too), and I am starting to suspect that somebody with a UHF remote in my area may be interfering with my receiver...

--If photoman76's suggestion does not work, you might just simply move your antenna from vertical to horizontal. Doing that might null out just enough of your neighbor's remote control interference. Good luck.

I thought the 4DTV had an option to change the receiver address? I know the SC box does but my Voom box does not

I thought the 4DTV had an option to change the receiver address? I know the SC box does but my Voom box does not

The 4dtv does allow you to choose from 4 different addresses. It's not an option in the menus though. You have to use the front panel buttons and the remote to select the address.

I got it to work! Thanks everybody! I was watching Noggin with my 2 year old boy and the receiver started changing channels again and my boy said "What Happened?". For revenge I grabbed my remote and started changing channels too.. After 10 seconds "fun" I came here and checked out the responses to my topic, and within a couple minutes I had the frequency changed. Hopefully no more interference from my neighbours with their Starchoice Remotes.. :)

I got it to work! Thanks everybody! I was watching Noggin with my 2 year old boy and the receiver started changing channels again and my boy said "What Happened?". For revenge I grabbed my remote and started changing channels too.. After 10 seconds "fun" I came here and checked out the responses to my topic, and within a couple minutes I had the frequency changed. Hopefully no more interference from my neighbours with their Starchoice Remotes.. :)

I'd get another remote and glue down the channel up button and leave it on the window closest to your neighbor with the Starchoice dish.:mad:

I'd get another remote and glue down the channel up button and leave it on the window closest to your neighbor with the Starchoice dish.:mad:

Hahaha.. I hadn't thought of that. In fact I DO have 2 remotes for my 4DTV receiver.. I've only reprogrammed 1 of them to my new frequency...

BUT that could backfire on me. What if he/she figures out how to change their remote frequency, and then end up on the same freq as me again? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)