Possibly switching, but a couple of questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bondoo0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
So I'm thinking of switching from E*, and had a couple of questions that I didn't see answered looking through the forum.

First question, is can both an IR and RF remote control a receiver (i.e. I have a Harmony that will be used IR, but was going to modulate the signal to another TV and use the RF remote there, will this work?).

Second question is about the media streaming capabilities. Right now I have everything setup for my PS3 to stream movies (I use H.264/m2ts), has anyone successfully used this to stream to the D* Receivers?

Thanks

So I'm thinking of switching from E*, and had a couple of questions that I didn't see answered looking through the forum.

First question, is can both an IR and RF remote control a receiver (i.e. I have a Harmony that will be used IR, but was going to modulate the signal to another TV and use the RF remote there, will this work?).

Second question is about the media streaming capabilities. Right now I have everything setup for my PS3 to stream movies (I use H.264/m2ts), has anyone successfully used this to stream to the D* Receivers?

Thanks

As for the remotes, you have to set it up to do IR OR RF, can't do both.
There was a recvr that did this , but it's an older one.
The rest do one or the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)