Post all your streaming services you subscribe to (as in pay money for)...

Prime (yearly w/ shipping)
Paramount + (yearly, my dad wanted to catchup on cbs shows and Star Trek, but then his health took a turn for the worse a few days after Christmas and we ended up watching it a lot in the hospital before he passed a few months ago)
Philo (grandfathered $20 plan)

And below as part of our cellular plans.
Disney+ (Been watching a lot with Star Wars and Marvel tv shows)
ESPN+ (Used this more than I expected this spring as Big 12 baseball and softball are winding down. Used sporadically for CFL last fall)
Hulu w/ads (never use it)

Prime (yearly w/ shipping)
Paramount + (yearly, my dad wanted to catchup on cbs shows and Star Trek, but then his health took a turn for the worse a few days after Christmas and we ended up watching it a lot in the hospital before he passed a few months ago)
Philo (grandfathered $20 plan)

And below as part of our cellular plans.
Disney+ (Been watching a lot with Star Wars and Marvel tv shows)
ESPN+ (Used this more than I expected this spring as Big 12 baseball and softball are winding down. Used sporadically for CFL last fall)
Hulu w/ads (never use it)
Condolences.

Reactions: osu1991
The Legend of Vox Machina on Prime is awesome if you've ever played a table top RPG. Also, The Wilds, Invincible, Truth Seekers, and Reacher are worth watching. Prime doesn't get enough credit for its originals. The UI still sucks though.

Reactions: Mochuf
Prime'
Netflix
Paramount + (nearing end of 3 months for $2 per)
HBOMax (13.00 to end of year)
Hulu (3 months for $1 each)
Peacock for a month, only so I can watch the Indy 500 without the broadcast black-out)

None at all

Netflix – Had numerous free trials over the years, when they still offered free trials to see what the service was all about and it was nothing but disappointment each and every time. Had Netflix for ‘free’ (free yeah right, after raising the plan by $20 bucks) with T-Mobile for a while, but once Fuller House ended, I disabled it. Stranger Things and Fuller House were the only things of interest I found on the service. And since Stanger Things has been turned into one big giant product placement, I don’t care to watch it anymore. I saw Jericho was on Netflix and wanted to rewatch and thought about re-enabling it, but then saw Netflix was losing Jericho to Paramount Plus, so I just bought the series on DVD on eBay for $20.

Amazon Prime – Until a year or so ago work paid for my Prime account, now we have a corporate account and I let my personal one lapse. I found very little if anything worth watching on Prime Video. I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw Chuck was on Prime, but there were missing episodes and maybe even an entire missing season. While I don’t need things shipped to me in 2 days, I would have been willing to keep Prime without the streaming video component for half the price. But I try my best not to do business with Amazon anymore.

HBOMax – Have it with my HBO subscription, never use it. Awful selection of content. Again, I would be willing to trade a $5 discount on my cable bill to have no access to this. Nothing on it at all that interest me that I can’t see on the HBO linear channel.

I am so sick of this world of streaming. I’ve been buying more and more movies and TV shows on DVD and blu ray. This way I don’t have to worry about where to find shows when licensing rights end and the series gets bounced to another service. Don’t have to worry about episodes or entire series being pulled because they are not deemed politically correct anymore, don’t have to worry about scenes being edited for the same reason. Physical media rules, streaming drools.

Don’t even get me started on music. Using Google Play to download songs at 99 cents or $1.29 was great for the past decade, and then came the abomination of YouTube music. What a truly awful POS garbage service that is. As much as I despise Amazon and have removed them from my life as music as possible, I have moved to them for buying music a la carte. I listen to SiriusXM in the car and stream at work, write down songs I like and then buy them a la carte.

This streaming world is such a scam. Reoccurring monthly payments for content you don't own and could lose at anytime.

Reactions: TheKrell
Prime
Netflix - Included with T-mobile phone plan
Paramount + Included with T-mobile phone plan for a year
Apple TV+ Included with T-mobile phone plan for a year
Evoca TV - $30 per month including receiver for 2 RSN's, 40 cable channels and OTA ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 locals integrated in guide. Total of 129 Channels.

Don’t even get me started on music. Using Google Play to download songs at 99 cents or $1.29 was great for the past decade, and then came the abomination of YouTube music. What a truly awful POS garbage service that is. As much as I despise Amazon and have removed them from my life as music as possible, I have moved to them for buying music a la carte. I listen to SiriusXM in the car and stream at work, write down songs I like and then buy them a la carte.
While I generally disagree with you about streaming -- I quite like this new model for video -- I'm with you in terms of owning music (which, for me, has WAY higher replay value than video). Now, if you're someone who would spend at least $120/yr on new music anyhow, and do that perpetually for the rest of your life, then I guess spending $10/mo on an all-you-can-listen streaming music buffet like Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube Music makes sense. But I'm not someone who spends that much on new music. Not sure I ever did but certainly not now that I'm in my 40s. So, like you, when I hear a song I like enough to want to own, so I can play over and over across all my devices and as part of my existing playlists, I just buy the MP3. I usually buy from 7digital since they're not part of a big corporation and your purchase typically gives you access to both the MP3 and AAC encodings of a track. You can also pay a higher price for higher quality encodings (e.g. 24-bit or 16-bit FLAC), if you're into that.

ESPN+
Paramount+

ESPN+ I don't subscribe to for the streaming content - I have been subscribed to ESPN Insider for years, and at one point they converted all the paywall articles into ESPN+, so I ended up with that. Paramount+ I have because it is a T-Mobile perk and I get it free for 12 months; once the 12 months expire I won't have Paramount+ anymore.

I usually buy from 7digital since they're not part of a big corporation...
Oh wow. They still have an MP3 cart, something that Amazon eliminated to my great annoyance and despair. I switched over to Google Music, but then they disappeared altogether. :mad:

How many albums does 7digital have? It doesn't seem like many compared to the big boys.

Oh wow. They still have an MP3 cart, something that Amazon eliminated to my great annoyance and despair. I switched over to Google Music, but then they disappeared altogether. :mad:

How many albums does 7digital have? It doesn't seem like many compared to the big boys.
IDK. My tastes aren't that obscure, so I don't think I've ever run into 7digital not having something I searched for. And just FYI, their regular-priced downloads (about $1.09 - $1.49 per track) are done at 320 Kbps in both MP3 and AAC (i.e. M4A). But from what I've read, at that high bitrate, MP3 generally sounds superior to AAC. AAC outshines MP3 at lower bitrates, e.g. 128 Kbps. Since the file size is going to be the same either way, I always download the MP3 version.

Amazon Prime (mostly for the free shipping). Thats it.

I just finished my 2 year contract with Dish Network and they wanted to bump my bill up by $40 a month. Today I agreed to another 2 year term in exchange for $25 off per month.

I also have Lifetime service with a very old TiVo series 3 and an OTA TV antenna good for 100 miles and the SF Bay area stations at night only. Had to replace some bad capacitors in the power supply last year and that brought it back to life. Also have had to replace the hard drive a few times in the 15+ years I've had it.

I have an Amazon Fire Stick I use on one of my older TVs that can't run streaming Apps. It lets me stream Amazon Prime and my other favorites are Pluto TV and FreeVee (formerly IMDb freedive).

I am considering Paramount+ Premium (no ads). How do you get a promo code for a big discount off an annual subscription (as mentioned earlier)?

And of course I have both KU and C Band FTA on a motorized Birdview Dish.

None at all

Netflix – Had numerous free trials over the years, when they still offered free trials to see what the service was all about and it was nothing but disappointment each and every time. Had Netflix for ‘free’ (free yeah right, after raising the plan by $20 bucks) with T-Mobile for a while, but once Fuller House ended, I disabled it. Stranger Things and Fuller House were the only things of interest I found on the service. And since Stanger Things has been turned into one big giant product placement, I don’t care to watch it anymore. I saw Jericho was on Netflix and wanted to rewatch and thought about re-enabling it, but then saw Netflix was losing Jericho to Paramount Plus, so I just bought the series on DVD on eBay for $20.

Amazon Prime – Until a year or so ago work paid for my Prime account, now we have a corporate account and I let my personal one lapse. I found very little if anything worth watching on Prime Video. I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw Chuck was on Prime, but there were missing episodes and maybe even an entire missing season. While I don’t need things shipped to me in 2 days, I would have been willing to keep Prime without the streaming video component for half the price. But I try my best not to do business with Amazon anymore.

HBOMax – Have it with my HBO subscription, never use it. Awful selection of content. Again, I would be willing to trade a $5 discount on my cable bill to have no access to this. Nothing on it at all that interest me that I can’t see on the HBO linear channel.

I am so sick of this world of streaming. I’ve been buying more and more movies and TV shows on DVD and blu ray. This way I don’t have to worry about where to find shows when licensing rights end and the series gets bounced to another service. Don’t have to worry about episodes or entire series being pulled because they are not deemed politically correct anymore, don’t have to worry about scenes being edited for the same reason. Physical media rules, streaming drools.

This streaming world is such a scam. Reoccurring monthly payments for content you don't own and could lose at anytime.
Streaming is not a scam. There are so many choices that we never had with cable/satellite. There were always licensing issues and always will. Myself, I look for a rare TV shows that haven't been available for years, if ever. Crackle & Tubi have many of those. Sure there are ads, but the services are free. There are thousands of channel apps between Fire & Roku. I am always finding things that never used to exist. Much of what I was are free apps, but still in some form available. If I want a movie or TV show, do a search and if available somewhere, it will be listed. We have so many choices for pay services too. At one time we had cable. That was it unless you got OTA.
I do get a lot a DVDs for movies & TV shows too as I like to have the DVD, when I want to watch it. But streaming really rocks!

Amazon Prime (mostly for the free shipping). Thats it.

I just finished my 2 year contract with Dish Network and they wanted to bump my bill up by $40 a month. Today I agreed to another 2 year term in exchange for $25 off per month.

I also have Lifetime service with a very old TiVo series 3 and an OTA TV antenna good for 100 miles and the SF Bay area stations at night only. Had to replace some bad capacitors in the power supply last year and that brought it back to life. Also have had to replace the hard drive a few times in the 15+ years I've had it.

I have an Amazon Fire Stick I use on one of my older TVs that can't run streaming Apps. It lets me stream Amazon Prime and my other favorites are Pluto TV and FreeVee (formerly IMDb freedive).

I am considering Paramount+ Premium (no ads). How do you get a promo code for a big discount off an annual subscription (as mentioned earlier)?

And of course I have both KU and C Band FTA on a motorized Birdview Dish.
I still have my old 8 1/2 foot dish, but I never use it any longer. Everything up there I cared about is available streaming and more.

Reactions: edisonprime
While I generally disagree with you about streaming -- I quite like this new model for video -- I'm with you in terms of owning music (which, for me, has WAY higher replay value than video). Now, if you're someone who would spend at least $120/yr on new music anyhow, and do that perpetually for the rest of your life, then I guess spending $10/mo on an all-you-can-listen streaming music buffet like Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube Music makes sense. But I'm not someone who spends that much on new music. Not sure I ever did but certainly not now that I'm in my 40s. So, like you, when I hear a song I like enough to want to own, so I can play over and over across all my devices and as part of my existing playlists, I just buy the MP3. I usually buy from 7digital since they're not part of a big corporation and your purchase typically gives you access to both the MP3 and AAC encodings of a track. You can also pay a higher price for higher quality encodings (e.g. 24-bit or 16-bit FLAC), if you're into that.
I easily spent $120/year on music prior to switching to streaming music. I tried Spotify, Amazon, and YouTube Music before settling on Apple Music as a part of my Apple One subscription for my family. I have had to upload a few obscrure things manually to my library, but at least lets me do that, unlike Spotify.

I easily spent $120/year on music prior to switching to streaming music. I tried Spotify, Amazon, and YouTube Music before settling on Apple Music as a part of my Apple One subscription for my family. I have had to upload a few obscrure things manually to my library, but at least lets me do that, unlike Spotify.
Sounds like an Apple Music subscription makes sense for you and your family. Well, as long as you perpetually subscribe. Once you stop, you don't own any of that music you've paid to listen to for the past however many years. But, that said, we make money in order to spend it. Gonna spend it on something, may as well be music. As Sheryl sez, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."

You can almost always find deals for one to three months (usually works for recent subs—you just have to no longer have a current sub). But the deals on the annual plan come around less often I noticed. There was one about a month ago for 25% off that I missed. I'm keeping my out and periodically check coupon sites like Slickdeals: Paramount Plus Coupon Code | Free Month Promo Code | May 2022

Reactions: N6BY
You can almost always find deals for one to three months (usually works for recent subs—you just have to no longer have a current sub). But the deals on the annual plan come around less often I noticed. There was one about a month ago for 25% off that I missed. I'm keeping my out and periodically check coupon sites like Slickdeals: Paramount Plus Coupon Code | Free Month Promo Code | May 2022
When I went to signup at the Paramount website it just said 7 days free. There wasn't anywhere to enter a coupon code for the 30 days free, but maybe I needed to get farther into the signup process before I saw the option to enter a coupon code.

I don't think I'd want to start out with an annual subscription in case I didn't like it.

Maybe I'll call them and ask them if there is a deal for a 30 day free trial.

Reactions: DaveKL69