Post your backyard/Roof Antenna, Dish, Tower, C-Band, Ku-band Pictures!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

firstmode

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Alright guys, lets see everyone's setup. I know you guys must have some impressive dish/antenna configurations and I would definetly like to see the hardware.

Post pics of at least your Antennas, DBS, C-band, Ku-band, etc.

if you want you can post pics of your TV's, Sat/Cable/OTA recievers, sound setups, etc. I will be posting my pics shortly, just have to find a place that will host them. I do not really have much stuff, but will post what I have

firstmode said:
Alright guys, lets see everyone's setup. I know you guys must have some impressive dish/antenna configurations and I would definetly like to see the hardware.

Post pics of at least your Antennas, DBS, C-band, Ku-band, etc.

if you want you can post pics of your TV's, Sat/Cable/OTA recievers, sound setups, etc. I will be posting my pics shortly, just have to find a place that will host them. I do not really have much stuff, but will post what I have
Click 'manage attachements' and you can add them to a post.

Here is my 'dish tree':

Shawn

heh, this gives me an excuse to take pictures of the dishes at the new place.. too bad I dont have them all up yet...

So far just the 60E for *C and the Dish500 for E*..

the FTA one should go up this weekend.

Attachments

• DSC01982.jpg
    DSC01982.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 539
Here's mine:

Direcway .98 cm dish antenna
DISH Network SuperDISH 105
DISH Network 61.5 dish (Old VOOM dish with DishPro LNBF)
DirecTV Phase 3 Oval Dish

All on 2.5" OD Rigid Pipe, and an old Primestar plastic enclosure for the ground blocks

Attachments

• dishfarm.JPG
    dishfarm.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 666
Heres mine.. The ota ant. is a chepy one I bought off of ebay... And it works great!!!!!!!! Notice the addition the the voom ant arm.. This works great for my apt install :)

Last edited:
ultatryon said:
So far just the 60E for *C and the Dish500 for E*..

the FTA one should go up this weekend.

Is the little roof on the side of the house one of the requirements when looking for a place? ;)

goaliebob99 said:
Heres mine.. The ota ant. is a chepy one I bought off of ebay... And it works great!!!!!!!! Notice the addition the the voom ant arm.. This works great for my apt install :)

Do you find you get more gain out of the Dish500 with a single LNB? I tried this but I ended up with the same signal strength. The only way I figured it would help is if I could modify an adapter to move the LNB out a bit due to the 20 inch dish having a different focal point than the 18 inch dish.

Your neighbors must love you with your christmas tree outside! ;) I used to mess with my brother's next door neighbor at his apartment. His dish was right there next to the walkway as you walk through the apartments. I used to accidently hang his dog's metal food bowl on the LNB all the time.

I'll try to get pictures of my farm up soon... it'll have to wait until the weekend. It gets dark at 5:30p now....

Actually yea I get 125 + on most tp's (that dish is pointing to 61.5 ) and thats even off of a 942 :) the only tps that are lower (100's) are the tps coming off of rainbow1. aka Echo1 :) The neighbors dont mess with it at all they know that is someone touches it they die :) as much as i have been out there peaking things and messing with things..

goaliebob99 said:
Actually yea I get 125 + on most tp's (that dish is pointing to 61.5 ) and thats even off of a 942 :) the only tps that are lower (100's) are the tps coming off of rainbow1. aka Echo1 :) The neighbors dont mess with it at all they know that is someone touches it they die :) as much as i have been out there peaking things and messing with things..

So did you use a Dish300 mount assembly and just put a Dish500 "pan" on it or is that Dish500 assembly and pan?

digiblur said:
Is the little roof on the side of the house one of the requirements when looking for a place? ;)

No, but its an awesome bonus.. unfortunaetly, this house does not face directly south like the last place.. but its pretty close..

The entire 2nd floor is slightly smaller then the first, so I have this roof ledge all the way around.

Pics of setup

This is just some of my setup.
And some pics of the 2005 daytona 500 on fox in hd on my lcd.

Attachments

• P1010059.JPG
    P1010059.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 424
  • P1010060.JPG
    P1010060.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 416
  • P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 312
  • P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 298
  • P1010018.JPG
    P1010018.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 294
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 271
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 297

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)