Post your Sprint 4G Speedtest

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
With all the new Sprint EVO and Epic models being purchased, I'm surprised nobody is posting their 4G speeds. I can only assume everyone is using them in a 3G area. Anyway, I typically average in the 3-6Mb range...but it's not unusual to get 7 and 8Mb in the Washington DC area:

15721195.png
15721125.png

With all the new Sprint EVO and Epic models being purchased, I'm surprised nobody is posting their 4G speeds. I can only assume everyone is using them in a 3G area. Anyway, I typically average in the 3-6Mb range...but it's not unusual to get 7 and 8Mb in the Washington DC area:

15721195.png
15721125.png
Your upload speed is my download speed on 3G

On WiFi I can get about 15 download

No 4G by any provider in my area either. Of course I have ATT, so there is no 4G to begin with.

Thing is, wait until most people use 4G phones and you will see the speed go down to about the same as 3G

doubtful.

They would not bring out a much faster speed if it was goning to be tha same as the old when there is a load on it.

Well since Sprint uses the Clear Network and Clear says guaranteed between 3-6Mb the numbers you show are about right...working for the company I should know ;)

and yes Scott Hartford is still launching Nov1 ;)

Thing is, wait until most people use 4G phones and you will see the speed go down to about the same as 3G
My 3G speeds are quite variable, but typically float between 500K and 1.4Mb - less in the outskirts. Even with my weakest 0-bar 4G connection I am getting 1.8Mb. And I'm sure there would be an outcry if average speeds dropped below 2Mb. In Dallas, we're 20-miles outside the heart of the city (Northeast) and 4G barely registers and coverage is spotty.

Last edited:
I am just happy to have at least 300-400 down. We used to be on Alltels leased 3g but in July Sprint rolled out their own...it has been horrible. They decided to only run one T1 to each tower. C'mon who planned that on the tower that covers all the state offices downtown.

I figure we will get 4g when 5g is starting to roll out. An hour west of me Sprint is still 2g in that entire market. Not a lot of Sprint folks around here due to the shoestring network...they are stuck in th viscious cycle of no subs...no money for networ upgrades...no money to bring in subs. Rinse and repeat.

doubtful.

They would not bring out a much faster speed if it was goning to be tha same as the old when there is a load on it.
Just wait until many more subs start using it. There have been studies that have shown that the speed on these 4G networks diminishes greatly with high traffic, so much so that that speed is not much different than the 3G networks

Just wait until many more subs start using it. There have been studies that have shown that the speed on these 4G networks diminishes greatly with high traffic, so much so that that speed is not much different than the 3G networks
Sounds like the premise for an upcoming episode of Criminal Minds: "Serial Killer is hell-bent to exterminate all others who are affecting his 4G download speeds." :popcorn

Don't get me wrong. I wish ATT had 4G. I am just letting you know what I have heard

I only get like 2.5 bars on my 4G icon around my home and work. Here's my results

16148987.png

If I can get the full signal should break the 10m range for sure,,,

pro96 said:
I only get like 2.5 bars on my 4G icon around my home and work. Here's my results

If I can get the full signal should break the 10m range for sure,,,

I am 20 miles northeast of dallas and the 4g network barely registers in my neighborhood. In fact, I keep 4g turned off unless I'm driving to the city since the speed is notmuch faster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)