Posting 4DTV Generic combinations - Allowed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
Hi. Occasionally I get the opportunity to play around with my 922 instead of just watching it. Sometimes I mess around with the Generics and find some extra channels. I don't perceive this to be hacking since the channels that I find are in the clear, just not mapped on the receiver.

So, the question is are we allowed to post such findings?

I also understand Mr. Iceberg's concern about publicly posting things which are in the clear only to find them scrambled shortly thereafter. So, if it is allowed, perhaps it should be contained within the WUT forum.

I will respect whatever the moderators wishes are.

K4LK said:
I agree with Ice. It doesn't take them long to scramble once they find out that even a few people are watching.

Whoa there. I'm not saying I disagree with him. I totally agree. I miss the Anchorage channels on AMC7.

I'm just trying to contribute something, and I don't want to screw up.

edit: By the way 73, de KB9WVV

Last edited:
I say, that's what the WUT area is for. It's supposed to be private, so the powers that be shouldn't find it there, unless they get/have access. You mentioned the Alaska mux, well I had been watching them for some years now and I'm truely amazed it took this long for them to scramble. I just don't believe that people reporting they're watching something is a major factor to any channel scrambling. Sure it's something on the list, but the sole and very reason for scrambling, come on, get real. The greater the demand for us to want to see something, the more likely it will scramble. Right now is really a good time for HD because not a lot of people can see it. But, when it gets going in high gear in full force. Look out, they'll scramble all the network feeds and someone on here will say, it's because someone posted it for all to watch. Bologna......

Al

voomvoom said:
I say, that's what the WUT area is for. It's supposed to be private, so the powers that be shouldn't find it there, unless they get/have access. You mentioned the Alaska mux, well I had been watching them for some years now and I'm truely amazed it took this long for them to scramble. I just don't believe that people reporting they're watching something is a major factor to any channel scrambling. Sure it's something on the list, but the sole and very reason for scrambling, come on, get real. The greater the demand for us to want to see something, the more likely it will scramble. Right now is really a good time for HD because not a lot of people can see it. But, when it gets going in high gear in full force. Look out, they'll scramble all the network feeds and someone on here will say, it's because someone posted it for all to watch. Bologna......Al

Al, I have been beating a dead horse on this subject since I've been a member of this forum. Glad to see somebody finally agrees with me. God knows it doesn't happen here at home.

Al is right. Post all of the stuff you find in the "What's Up There" area. Limited access.

Diamond Jim said:
Al is right. Post all of the stuff you find in the "What's Up There" area. Limited access.

All good points. I'll be happy to keep it in the WUT forum, if I ever get access.

Hey Diamond Jim, I'm in the Boilermaker state too. NE corner.

If it is listed on Lyngsat, correct. There is no issue

BUT if it isn't....or its unencrypted and Lyngsat says it is, then there is an issue. We don't like posting feeds out in the open for the obvious reason that they could get scrambled.

Iceberg said:
If it is listed on Lyngsat, correct. There is no issue

BUT if it isn't....or its unencrypted and Lyngsat says it is, then there is an issue. We don't like posting feeds out in the open for the obvious reason that they could get scrambled.

Thanks. Will be posting this find in another thread.

Diamond Jim, I'm on the state line east of Butler. Close enough to get the stink from Ohio when the wind blows to the west.:)

Das Hammer said:
Thanks. Will be posting this find in another thread.

Diamond Jim, I'm on the state line east of Butler. Close enough to get the stink from Ohio when the wind blows to the west.:)

Generics should not be posted in a public forum, please do not post anything that may cause feeds to encrypt, or Motorola to take off the Generics.

I suppose I agree with the WUT sentiment.

But access to that thread requires an FTA box right?. (I just have my 922 c/ku lnb's and 10' dish)

someday.

Last edited:
JerryK said:

But access to that thread requires an FTA box right?. (I just have my 922 c/ku lnb's and 10' dish)

someday.
Jerry, I'm not one who decides who gets in the WUT thread. But, I can't see why not having a FTA box would keep you out, since you have a c/ku 10 footer. After all, there are wild feeds [ITC (is FTA)] on C-band analog as well as ku-band analog. You also have the 4dtv which has the generic sat capabilities that this thread is about. Those generic feeds are wild feeds (ITC/FTA). But, you have to convince someone else, not me.

Al

JerryK said:

someday.

not really. As voomvoom noted, there are analog C-Band & KU feeds out there (especially sporting events)

My opinion as well

Been at BUD's since NOTHING was scrambled...you mention it...expect scrambling within days!
Is's all about $$$$.:devil:
If you have something...how about PM's to members..

Moderators...would that be breaking the rules?
jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)