Potential Subscriber Questions

jlohrenz

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I'm looking at switching from Charter Cable to Dish for various reasons. I'm looking at the four room setup with 2 HD reciever and 1- 2 room Standard reciever. I'm planning on getting the 180 + HD + Voom + OTA Locals
Since I don't want cables hanging all over the place I'm pre-wiring my home to accomodate the setup. What do I need to wire to each location?
Setup:

Bedroom: HD Reciever (HD+VOOM+OTA HD Locals)
Theater: HD Reciever (HD+VOOM+OTA HD Locals)
Family Room: Standard DVR Reciever
Basement Work out room: Standard 2nd to DVR Reciever

TIA!

Whatever their 'configurator' told me. It is the one that allows 2 TV's to feed off of one reciever + it has DVR.

You will need 2 cables in each location that has an HD receiver. One for the sat input the other for the OTA antenna.

Where you put you dual tuner DVR is gonna need three lines. Two from the dish or switch, and one going back to the 2nd tv. You will also need a phone line close to the receiver, as the dual tuners require a phone line or you will pay $5.00 extra a month.

Where your 2nd tv for the dual tuner is you can just go with the 1 line comming from the receiver, or you could put 2 there for expansion. You may also want OTA on that tv, if you do that second line will come in handy.

Run all the sat input lines to a location that is close to your breaker panel. This way the installer won't have to go far to ground the system. Lables the wires if you can it does make it easier for the installer.

If the HD is a DVR you will might need 3 cables (2 for each sat tuner and one for the OTA antenna). You can use a splitter for the 2 sat tuners if the switch accomodates it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)