PowerVu receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are a couple of Digitrans 7100/7150s out there on Fleabay, but they're a bit pricey. The 7150 is another option for DVB 4:2:2 as well as fixed and zero key DCII. The 7100 will get 4:2:0 DVB and DCII (no 4:2:2). Be sure you DON'T get the ASI only model (DTE-7150ASI), get the one with four standard LNB inputs. These are commercial, broadcast-grade receivers that are not in any way user-friendly, but they will work for these applications.

I work in TV and the place I work at has a D9850 that use to be used to get LeJournal feed and that was encrypted but the program provider had the S/N number for it. The other S/A is used for BBC World and that is encrypted too but that SA will get free to air channels too. You can only set up one transponder at a time and these units we have are rack mounted. Give yours a shot see what you can get Free or not. My 2 cents.

The 9850 has around 54 presets...use the network interface, it is easier to set up...you need to pay attention to the "lock on" setting...PAT or NIT....take your pick, it matters...:up

havent got it yet...the dude supposedly sent it 2 weeks ago but havent seen it yet

Perhaps someone can help me with my D9234 issue? Somehow, I've managed to get mine stuck in what is called the Download Decoder Status menu. I have no idea how I got there and now I can't get it out.

Any suggestions?

Factory reset or power cycle...:eureka

I can't get it to reset and a power cycle just starts the download decoder process all over again. Still not sure how it has defaulted to this menu on startup and can't exit out.

I sent Ice a URL that discusses this process and hopefully he can figure it out.

The receiver sat for over a year and was working fine. I've got good signal lock on G18, 11720 with a signal strength of 75 but nothing for quality.

I can't get it to reset and a power cycle just starts the download decoder process all over again. Still not sure how it has defaulted to this menu on startup and can't exit out.

I sent Ice a URL that discusses this process and hopefully he can figure it out.

The receiver sat for over a year and was working fine. I've got good signal lock on G18, 11720 with a signal strength of 75 but nothing for quality.

What is the EXACT Front Panel display upon boot-up?

I've never heard of it doing that. I just powered mine up and it shows 0000 for channel. I had it on G10 as noted in this post

What is the EXACT Front Panel display upon boot-up?

My 9234 has no display. It has a green LED for power on and another green LED when it has signal lock. Maybe it is an early version.

When I power it up all I get is the power LED and a solid green LED when it locks on signal.

Did that 2nd one show up yet, Ice? :confused:

well I heard from the guy. He sent it to the wrong person (oh nice). He said he is getting it back in a couple days and then would ship it out. He did offer to refund my money but eh I can wait.

so we'll see what happens...I think I'd be moire pissed if I didnt have a remote for the 1st one and was waiting for this one. But the universal remote works on about 99% of the menu options....there are some options that it wont work on :)

...Oh and having a universal remote that does 99% of the functions is pretty darn good! Usually those things only do the easy stuff like channels, volume & power!:)

my Radio shack 4-1 light up remote works for the menus too which is what I need it to do to program...the secret menus use other buttons that the universal doesnt have :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)