PPV bomb drops on Feb 1st

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It could be true, or it could be fabulous trollery. It's worth noting, this was also posted in the Dish Network forums. Let's hold off the verbal beating of the OP until Friday. If it's not true, I just may be grateful enough to not berate him. I've heard just enough about content companies trying to enforce this kind of crap for several years to take what he said as a possibility. Dish has already made very clear (Look at some of the other "DRM" threads recently) that they are going to be (under protest) infecting some of their channels with so-called "DRM" to downconvert HD on certain PPV and premium channels to 480p if you aren't connected with an HDCP compatible HDMI connection. Component users, you are SOL. It's also been mentioned that recording restrictions are a possibility, so what the OP said could have some truth to it.

I just wanted to re post this one because the phrase "fabulous trollery" was in it. Just to be clear, Scott posted that this event would not be taking place as far as he knew. Did he then post something, the email froma a D* contact to throw it back up as a possibility?

Update on PPVs

Implementation delayed... but still on for sometime in the near future.

Flashing back to January 1st, 2000, when they told us the Y2K bug would hit in a year because the Millenium REALLY started in 2001.

That's funny. The millenium really did start in 2001 but that has nothing to do with Y2K bug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)