PPV bomb drops on Feb 1st

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am not sure where I stand yet; but I do understand the issue of PPV (aka RENTAL) is, by the definition of the property holder, a one-time deal. They do not want you renting a DVD or PPV and copying it for your later use. I see the relationships, but still not sure where I stand; I do not do PPV, but if I was paying say $10 or more I would see this as my right to keep; like I do with my DVDs and CDs now that a purchase regardless of the cost; but at $2.99-$5.99 I am not so sure.

Last edited:
Technically and legally they could do this. Still I doubt that this report is true.

BTW there is nothing in those warninga at the beginning ofa PPV that addresses whether you have any right to keep a recording for any length of time.

Last edited:
Not in the event itself, but it may very well be in your EULA and/or posted at your provider's website. This is simply a guess at this point, but I am sure it is spelled out somewhere.

personally I havent done a whole bunch of ppv lately but back when i did get em I would transfer them to vhs and still have them. It seems you could do the same after you dvr it. They may be able to erase it from your dvr but if you transfer to vhs or dvdr as you play it it should be ok. I havent heard if they were actuall gonna do this but I know the rentals with iTunes are gonna work exactly like the OP said 30 days to start watchin then 24 hours to watch it once it starts.

Bill

OP here

I post a heads-up notice and all I get is grief.

The industry does not want to publicize this in advance... you'll hear about it on Friday.....

:mad:

The industry does not want to publicize this in advance... you'll hear about it on Friday.....

The reason for your grief as you put it it that you do not yet have a history hear to back up your statements.
You've been here for 6 months and posted 6 times, nothing for any of us to go on, you have no past for us to find credibility.

IF this happens then people will look at you differently, you will have mad a BOLD statement and it will open some eyes.

Personally, I hope it doesn't happen, but wouldn't put it past them to do something stupid like this.
At least with a DVD you have it for 5 days and can watch it as often as you like.

Jimbo

I have been thinking for a while that Dish and Direct should have a similar service as NetFlix. They should have one price for unlimited PPV viewing. I think they would make more money on that than they would on people just purchasing a PPV here and there. But then again some people may purchase that instead of the movie packages so that might be why it is not done. The money would go from one package to another.

Will you please tell us where you got your info? I have been thinking that you are just goofing around just to start a stir. Since you are new here there is nothing available to investigate on you to know whether you are credible or not. So please post your your source and if it turns out true, you will have earned some credibility and respect.

Though I hope it's not true. I have always been able to keep my PPV's with E*. I'd hate to lose them now that I'm with D*.

Will you please tell us where you got your info? I have been thinking that you are just goofing around just to start a stir. Since you are new here there is nothing available to investigate on you to know whether you are credible or not. So please post your your source and if it turns out true, you will have earned some credibility and respect.

Though I hope it's not true. I have always been able to keep my PPV's with E*. I'd hate to lose them now that I'm with D*.

LOL. Wow, you turned a thread about the satellite industry into an E* vs D* thing.

That was awesome. The OP says it will affect the ENTIRE satellite industry both D* and E* and you somehow manage to say Id hate to lose them now that I'm with D*. Like somehow its only D* who is accused of this.

That was fantastic trolling. Those Damn D* PPV erasers, ugh the horror.

Still on for Friday

I work for DTV. It was in the team leader briefing at the end of last week. They are even offering overtime starting Friday to handle the additional call volume.

I guess my "credibility index" will skyrocket on Friday!

I had read something about something like this about a year or two ago, but with cable. Can't remember where, but it was only cable (at that time) and I don't think it ever happened.
It's been the case with Comcast OnDemand for the almost three years I've had it, regardless if it's PPV or free. (I only watch the free stuff, the amount of which is ginormous, btw.)

It's been the case with Comcast OnDemand for the almost three years I've had it, regardless if it's PPV or free. (I only watch the free stuff, the amount of which is ginormous, btw.)

Thanks for that, I knew I had read about it but don't know anyone that could confirm or backup. Now I do.

Exactly,
I just beat a rap............the bulls dragged me off to the slammer and beat a confession out of me. I told them I had accepted beer and pizza in exchange for ordering a PPV fight. It was just my good luck that the neighbor was related to a nun the judge was dating.

The FBI said they would have their eye on me.

Joe

...and then, as the couple drove off, they found a hook-hanging from the door handle!!!!!!

I work for DTV. It was in the team leader briefing at the end of last week. They are even offering overtime starting Friday to handle the additional call volume.

I guess my "credibility index" will skyrocket on Friday!

D* has been able to do this ever since they started business, Question is "Why would they decide to do this, what does it accomplish ?"

What department are you in ?
Just curious.

Jimbo

the guy posts something that may or may not be true. yet all these people bash his credibility because he only has 6 posts. most of the bashers really need spelling lessons by the way. if someone told you a fire had started in a building they were exiting and you were entering but you didn't know them would you say they weren't credible too? just wondering. if the op is wrong it will be easy to prove. no need for asinine character assassination.

LOL. Wow, you turned a thread about the satellite industry into an E* vs D* thing.

That was awesome. The OP says it will affect the ENTIRE satellite industry both D* and E* and you somehow manage to say Id hate to lose them now that I'm with D*. Like somehow its only D* who is accused of this.

That was fantastic trolling. Those Damn D* PPV erasers, ugh the horror.

How did I turn this into a D* vs E* thing? All I said was that I was with E* (and once was with cable) and was able to keep my PPV recordings as long as I wanted to. Now that I am with D*, I said I hoped that would not change. I don't see that as starting a war.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts