PPV HD Movies in Dolby Stereo, not 5.1?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slardy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
:( Folks, just a warning. I recorded OCEAN'S 13( HD version), on 2 different occasions (most recently on Jan. 7). Both times, the sound track was in Dolby Stereo 2.0, not 5.1.

I called D* both times and got a refund. They could not tell me why an HD movie is not transmitted with 5.1. So I guess we must all be careful to make sure we are getting what we are paying for.

I have only purchased~ 6 HD movies: Oceans 13 is the only one that had this problem.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Slardy:(

Yeah how is HD PPV quality on D*? I wanted to rent Eastern Promises in HD when it comes out, but I don't want to if its better for me to just Netflix the DVD. I've never done HD PPV before. How is it?

Yeah how is HD PPV quality on D*? I wanted to rent Eastern Promises in HD when it comes out, but I don't want to if its better for me to just Netflix the DVD. I've never done HD PPV before. How is it?
Rent it on HD DVD IMO it has on of the best pq that I have seen so far on HD DVD

They still make HD-DVD's? Even Paramount is going to annouce this week they are jumping ship. At least Toshiba owners can still use it to play regular dvd's.

Rent it on HD DVD IMO it has on of the best pq that I have seen so far on HD DVD

I don't have a HD-DVD/Blu player. I'm not buying one until there's one standard and I feel a need to transition from DVD.

I don't have a HD-DVD/Blu player. I'm not buying one until there's one standard and I feel a need to transition from DVD.

If you don't have bluray/HD-DVD then try it out on HD PPV. The quality is much better than DVD. We tried Spiderman 3 and it looked fantastic! It was a stupid movie but all the over done CG made it look great.

If you don't have bluray/HD-DVD then try it out on HD PPV. The quality is much better than DVD. We tried Spiderman 3 and it looked fantastic! It was a stupid movie but all the over done CG made it look great.
You had me until that last line.. ;p

I've bought/watched 2 HD PPVs from D* (Die Hard 4 and Knocked Up). Both were in DD 5.1 and both looked fantastic - same excellent PQ as all the other MPEG4 channels. I've got about 5 others sitting on my HR20 waiting for me to watch (or at least buy so they don't expire).

Do they show the HD PPV in original aspect ratio or do they show them full screen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)