Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

Is anyone else having issues with this mux (3813H 8029) ?
Yesterday I was receiving it with a signal quality of 60-63. This morning I'm only getting a signal quality of 38-41.
All other transponders on 99W are coming in between 70-75.
Thanks in advance.

John

Hi All,

Just an update ...
As the temp increased this morning and afternoon into the low to mid 40's (from 31F), the signal strength with the PR mux has also strengthened.
It went from 38-41 early this AM to a current reading of 44-56 with the picture viewable, but with freezing.
All other transponders remain in the 70-75 range.

John

Very strange, if I get a chance and remember, I will check that MUX in the morning here.

Reactions: JFOK
Hey John,

I was having trouble with that MUX this morning too, just like you described. Right now it's coming in fine (10:30 pm).

Andy

Reactions: JFOK
Hi Andy,

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with the PR MUX.
Last night I watched the NBC Nightly News on WVGN at 6:30 PM and the signal although not strong, was still watchable with a strength between 51-56. All other transponders on that satellite continue to remain in the 70-75 range.

John

Just checked this PR mux with that junk Unimesh system I have with a Micro HD and I've got75% Q on a rainy overcast day here in the central part of Virginia? Watched football on that mux last Sunday and didn't see any problems then either.

Lone Gunman,

75% Q...awesome strength for that mux. The best I ever got on that mux so far, was 66.
Don't know what happened for it to drop to where it is now. No wind or snow and as I said several times, all other transponders on that satellite are 70-75 % for me.

John

It was messed up Monday morning, but it's been playing fine here since, maybe it was bad weather.

I saw someone else mention elsewhere about having problems with it Sunday night/Monday morning too.

I don't know what my Q is for that MUX, I'm using my 3500 because I've been working on it, my Micro is unhooked at the moment. The Q scale on the 3500 is all over the place and absolutely useless, on a transponder I know is low, it'll read 99% and then on one that is high, it'll read 5%, where as some seem to read fine. Right now, it's reading 56% on this transponder, but I'm positive sure it's not reading right.

Yeah, same here. It has been playing fine. Maybe it was just weather or a hiccup.

Hi Michael,

Last night this mux was un-viewable for me. The signal was so low (41-52%) I couldn't get a picture. As usual all else on 99W was 70-75%.
Maybe its time I look into asking Santa for a signal meter. Are you still feeling positive on the Sathero 200HD ?
Or is there something better in the same price range ?

John

Hi Michael,

Last night this mux was un-viewable for me. The signal was so low (41-52%) I couldn't get a picture. As usual all else on 99W was 70-75%.
Maybe its time I look into asking Santa for a signal meter. Are you still feeling positive on the Sathero 200HD ?
Or is there something better in the same price range ?

John
Yes, John I still feel it is a good meter and I still use mine all the time. :)

Hi All,

Just an update ...
As the temp increased this morning and afternoon into the low to mid 40's (from 31F), the signal strength with the PR mux has also strengthened.
It went from 38-41 early this AM to a current reading of 44-56 with the picture viewable, but with freezing.
All other transponders remain in the 70-75 range.

John

I've been having the same problem. I never had a problem with the PR channel, THIS, COZI TV or the NBC NY feed before. I kind of passed it off as weather related problems, but I began to wonder if that's the case. Earlier this year, I had problems with some of the GDMX channels and those problems went away and these popped up. I'm using a 71/2 foot Unimesh and right now THIS is working well, along with the others. Hopefully I can get the 12 footer I got on the pole and tuned in this weekend. I've been getting a quality level of 66% on the dish I'm using now, so it should be near or at 100% with the 12 footer.

The last few days they were working just fine even though it's been pouring down the rain. It's weird that 4 different channels unrelated to each other would be breaking up at exactly the same time.

Hmm. First I lost the Fox channel there a few weeks ago, then about two weeks ago I lost the THIS channel, and then about three days later the COZI channel, then last week the NBC channel. I figured they had gone the way of the KRBK & ME mux, or the signal strength was reduced so much that my 6 ft dish could no longer pull them in. All the Lesea channels and the G 16 19 feed come in as strong as ever.

Hi All,

Yesterday morning I had absolutely no signal what so ever on this mux. Yesterday evening without doing a thing, this mux came back with a signal strength between 56-63 %. I know I may still need some LNBF fine tuning, but when all other transponders on 99W are consistently 70-75 % for me, I find it hard to fault my dish equipment.

John

I don't think it's your equipment, John. They're messing up here still too, early in the morning around seven and then when I come home from work around 5:30 they're OK, but then start cutting out around 7 pm.

The timing of it seems to be to consistent and regular to be weather, they must be having some sort of issue at the uplink.

Andy

Hi Andy,

This morning I had signal strength of 41-53% with the PR mux.
Better than yesterday, but still not strong enough to bring up a picture.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts