Pre-Wire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coyen3

Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Iowa
I am Building a new house and want to pre-wire for Directv. The only thing i need help on is how many RG6 cables to i need to run to the dish? I plan on having about 4 tv's upstairs and all my cable will be run to the basement. I just dont want cable running on the outside of my brick. Any info would be a great help. Thanks Curt

:welcome to Satelliteguys Curt!
If you have the newer swm type lnb on the dish, you only need one cable. The older type uses four. If you will have mrv as part of the install, it's nearly certain you will have a swm lnb.

What counts is how many tuners you have. If you outfitted each TV with a DVR you would be at the maximum for a single cable. The next step up is four cables for nine or more satellite tuners.

Don't overlook Over-The-Air if that is available to you.

I would run four anyway. Just on the offchance that somewhere down the road you might want more than 8 tuners (each DVR counts as two tuners). Coax is cheap. Wire fishing isn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts