Preamp Recommendations?

Phalaenopsis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2017
NA
I’ve recently reconfigured my OTA setup and I need a good preamplifier. Ever since I’ve moved my antenna outside, CBC Windsor (30 miles away) has been slightly pixilating. Would this be a good mast mounted preamplifier to get? RCA TVPRAMP1Z Preamplifier
Thanks!

I’ve recently reconfigured my OTA setup and I need a good preamplifier. Ever since I’ve moved my antenna outside, CBC Windsor (30 miles away) has been slightly pixilating. Would this be a good mast mounted preamplifier to get? RCA TVPRAMP1Z Preamplifier
Thanks!

That's one of the ones I have. I recommend it. Another good one is the Channel Master CM-7777HD.

It’s CBET-DT Channel 9.1 Hi-VHF My antenna is about 8 feet off the ground. Attached is my tv fool report
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG

I think I’ll go with this preamplifier then. The channel master is too expensive.

One of the upsides to the TVPRAMP1Z is that you can add a second, separate VHF antenna and it combines the signals from both. In your case, CBET is VHF, so this could work to your advantage.

On a side note, with trees coming into full summer foliage, I'm experiencing signal loss on one or two of my stations also. So if you just recently noticed a drop in signal, that could be why. Moving your antenna up as high as possible (on the roof or strapped to a chimney if you have one) could help a lot.

An appropriate antenna is probably going to serve you better than amplification given that what you want is all in the yellow or better.

You have two VHF-high channels now (WJBK and CBET) and will be adding another (Daystar) as part of the repack. The Clearstream is UHF-only so it isn't doing you any favors on RF channels 7 and 9.

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
A good, proper antenna is always better. If you do not have much signal to work with, a pre-amp is not gonna help much, if at all. You can not amplify what you don't have.

I’m getting WJBK just fine, with 90%Q. I think I’ll switch back to a attic antenna and get the stellar labs vhf antenna and the rca preamplifier. The RG59 cable running from my attic broke, so how can I fish a new RG6 cable through the wall?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I’m getting WJBK just fine, with 90%Q. I think I’ll switch back to a attic antenna and get the stellar labs vhf antenna and the rca preamplifier. The RG59 cable running from my attic broke, so how can I fish a new RG6 cable through the wall?

If the present RG59 isn't stapled, use some black electrical tape to tape some RG-6 on the end of it (don't make it too fat to fit through any drilled holes), and pull it through while pulling OUT the RG59 cable...

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
If the present RG59 isn't stapled, use some black electrical tape to tape some RG-6 on the end of it (don't make it too fat to fit through any drilled holes), and pull it through while pulling OUT the RG59 cable...
Sadly, I think its stapled because I tried to pull it out before and it wouldnt budge.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)