Preamp Recommendations?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Phalaenopsis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2017
NA
I’ve recently reconfigured my OTA setup and I need a good preamplifier. Ever since I’ve moved my antenna outside, CBC Windsor (30 miles away) has been slightly pixilating. Would this be a good mast mounted preamplifier to get? RCA TVPRAMP1Z Preamplifier
Thanks!

I’ve recently reconfigured my OTA setup and I need a good preamplifier. Ever since I’ve moved my antenna outside, CBC Windsor (30 miles away) has been slightly pixilating. Would this be a good mast mounted preamplifier to get? RCA TVPRAMP1Z Preamplifier
Thanks!

That's one of the ones I have. I recommend it. Another good one is the Channel Master CM-7777HD.

It’s CBET-DT Channel 9.1 Hi-VHF My antenna is about 8 feet off the ground. Attached is my tv fool report
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG

I think I’ll go with this preamplifier then. The channel master is too expensive.

One of the upsides to the TVPRAMP1Z is that you can add a second, separate VHF antenna and it combines the signals from both. In your case, CBET is VHF, so this could work to your advantage.

On a side note, with trees coming into full summer foliage, I'm experiencing signal loss on one or two of my stations also. So if you just recently noticed a drop in signal, that could be why. Moving your antenna up as high as possible (on the roof or strapped to a chimney if you have one) could help a lot.

An appropriate antenna is probably going to serve you better than amplification given that what you want is all in the yellow or better.

You have two VHF-high channels now (WJBK and CBET) and will be adding another (Daystar) as part of the repack. The Clearstream is UHF-only so it isn't doing you any favors on RF channels 7 and 9.

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
A good, proper antenna is always better. If you do not have much signal to work with, a pre-amp is not gonna help much, if at all. You can not amplify what you don't have.

I’m getting WJBK just fine, with 90%Q. I think I’ll switch back to a attic antenna and get the stellar labs vhf antenna and the rca preamplifier. The RG59 cable running from my attic broke, so how can I fish a new RG6 cable through the wall?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I’m getting WJBK just fine, with 90%Q. I think I’ll switch back to a attic antenna and get the stellar labs vhf antenna and the rca preamplifier. The RG59 cable running from my attic broke, so how can I fish a new RG6 cable through the wall?

If the present RG59 isn't stapled, use some black electrical tape to tape some RG-6 on the end of it (don't make it too fat to fit through any drilled holes), and pull it through while pulling OUT the RG59 cable...

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
If the present RG59 isn't stapled, use some black electrical tape to tape some RG-6 on the end of it (don't make it too fat to fit through any drilled holes), and pull it through while pulling OUT the RG59 cable...
Sadly, I think its stapled because I tried to pull it out before and it wouldnt budge.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts