Prediwave PDV 4100 dvr reciever find

Status
Please reply by conversation.

parabolico

Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Houston TX
i came across a Prediwave PDV4102S dvr reciever at the local thrift store, knowing nothing of this reciever and hopping for a possible cheap FTA reciever find , i bougth it for $15. I dont have an FTA KU dish so i was not able to test it for reception, but from what i can tell it was part of a now defunct Chinese language satellite service . the DVR works and has some recorded programs ,CCTV4 news and some CCTV soap operas. the question is can this reciever be used for FTA?

On the satellite setup where it says "Satmex5" can that be changed?

If so, then it will work for FTA...even if it doesn't, you might be able to input the info and have a single satellite solution

It does look like a nice unit if it does work :)

it only has a few sats on the list , i need to test this with an actual Ku dish. would be a shame to let the PVR go to waste.

I seem to recall that there was a service using Prediwave encryption on Horizons 1. It disappeared some months ago.

This won't answer any questions posed in the thread, but here is the story of what happened to the company.
You might gloss over the first posts and skip down to #9.
PiTV signal gone ? - Sadoun Tech Forums

As for that PVR, I'd sure love to find one at my local thrift shop.
Even if you get it working on just one or two satellites, it should be a lot of fun.
Tracking down who Prediwave bought 'em from would help with documentation, but that's a real long shot.

what satellites are on the list?
satellites on list;
Amc-4, horizons-1,SatMex-6,SatMex-5. there doesnt seem to be any other sat options or an option to select scan.

morbious said:
Anole here is your Thrift Store. I offer the guy $20 that includes shipping and he took it ,but I decided not to get it 'cause there are no remotes with all those receivers.
the one that i have does have the remote, it seems that it was hardly used since the reciever still has most of the packaging plastic films. if i cant do much else i will put it on ebay.

Anole here is your Thrift Store. I offer the guy $20 that includes shipping and he took it ,but I decided not to get it 'cause there are no remotes with all those receivers.

PrediWave model PDV-4102S DVB-S SET TOP Box - (eBay item 180176801435 end time Nov-11-07 12:47:35 PST)
Same here.. the lack of remote made it not worth it to me. He's been selling those for awhile now. He sold some with remotes before. If there were codes for the remote available, I'd program my jp1 remote and give it a shot, but not worth it since I already have more receivers than I'll ever use now :/

I have the PDV3000 version

I currently have 30 of the PDV3000 version, which is a slightly different model. It has a 15gb hard drive and is like a Tivo. These all have remotes, but everything is in chinese. Fortunatly i can read chinese and could translate most of it.

I am thinking this one is for cable and your version is for Satalite. Would be interesting to see the difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)