Premier: Not Quite Everything

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

agregjones

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
Premier keeps getting additional costs. At what point is it too much? I was not happy when Premier didn't cover HD Access. If it now doesn't cover HD Extra, that is even worse. DirecTV, if you have a package that is promoted as covering everything, include everything.

To some degree, I understand an HD Access fee much like I do a mirroring fee. But why would I pay for a technology fee for HD and a fee for extra channels when I already pay for the "all channels" package?

I am a happy subscriber. I love new channels. I even love the HR20. I think this new package by DirecTV is much worse than charging a few extra dollars. It provides a different line item for price increases. DirecTV would have a hard time raising the price on one package more than a few dollars. They made HD two packages, both of which I feel will get an increase in the spring.

By the way, this is the same reason I believe a la carte pricing will raise rates. More line items means more opportunities for incremental price increases.

Last edited:
Premier keeps getting additional costs. At what point is it too much? I was not happy when Premier didn't cover HD Access. If it now doesn't cover HD Extra, that is even worse. DirecTV, if you have a package that is promoted as covering everything, include everything.

To some degree, I understand an HD Access fee much like I do a mirroring fee. But why would I pay for a technology fee for HD and a fee for extra channels when I already pay for the "all channels" package?

I am a happy subscriber. I love new channels. I even love the HR20. I think this new package by DirecTV is much worse than charging a few extra dollars. It provides a different line item for price increases. DirecTV would have a hard time raising the price on one package more than a few dollars. They made HD two packages, both of which I feel will get an increase in the spring.

By the way, this is the same reason I believe a la carte pricing will raise rates. More line items means more opportunities for incremental price increases.

I feel your pain. Someday ...

DirecTV – Titanium

Now THAT includes everything!:D

Last edited:
I was thinking about switching to Premier but it seems like it no longer includes the DVR fee like it used to.

I was thinking about switching to Premier but it seems like it no longer includes the DVR fee like it used to.

It does include the DVR fee. See below my bill for December.

12/09 01/08 PREMIER Monthly 99.99

12/09 01/08 DIRECTV Protection Plan Monthly 5.99

12/09 01/08 HD Access Monthly 9.99

08/10 05/09 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan Special Free Offer 0.00

11/29 12/28 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 5 Payments 0.00

12/09 01/08 DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99/mo Incl Base Pkg 0.00

Fees

12/10 Additional Receiver 4.99

12/10 Leased Receiver 4.99

12/10 Leased Receiver 4.99

12/10 Primary Leased Receiver 4.99

Adjustments & Credits

11/11 Additional Receiver 4.66

11/11 Additional Receiver -4.66 Credit

12/10 Primary Leased Receiver -4.99 Credit

Taxes

Sales Tax 1.34

AMOUNT DUE $0.00
Minor Bill Format Change; No Impact to Your Bill. Your bill now shows a charge and offsetting credit for your primary (first) DIRECTV Receiver. This format change does not affect your bill amount. See Important Notice for Lease Customers on the back of this bill statement for more information.

How long have you had Premier? I think any new subs to it have to pay the DVR fee.

This IS correct - existing subs like chazcbh are grandfathered in on it, as long as they do NOT get rid of their Premier - once you get rid of it, you will NOT get the DVR service included if you decide to go back.

I believe they started charging for DVR service on the Premier about a year ago. (give or take a couple months)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)