Price Increase coming in February

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jillian2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
USA
Don't yet know what they will be. Was just now told this, by a CSR Supervisor as I was inquiring about my package and perhaps making a change. He wanted to alert me to a price change in February. Said more about it would be coming later .

Account: xxxxxxxx
View in a browser

DIRECTV My Account View Bill Help Center

Dear Xxxxxx

We hope you are enjoying your television service and want to thank you for your business. With DIRECTV now part of the AT&T family, we now have more opportunities to deliver an entertainment experience like no other.

Exceeding all your expectations is at the core of everything we do. And we understand that getting maximum value is a top priority, which is why we work diligently to keep costs under control. Due to higher costs of programming, an adjustment in the price of our programming packages is necessary. New rates will be in effect on January 28, 2016 as indicated at directv.com/2016pricing.

We are continuing to enhance your service to ensure DIRECTV continues to bring you the best entertainment experience. We are making more channels available for live streaming than ever before. Plus, you can watch the hottest shows and the latest blockbusters On Demand1 — any time, anywhere.2 We are also continuing to revolutionize the DVR space, giving you greater control over your content. With 72 Hour Rewind and Restart, if you missed a show, you can watch programs that aired up to 3 days ago whether you're watching TV at home or streaming in your hotel room.3 And DIRECTV is dedicated to setting the industry standard in 4K Ultra HD, which gives customers nearly four times the resolution of HD.4

Finally, we know that the best programming must be supported by the best customer service. From the most knowledgeable agents to live online chat, responding to your needs as efficiently as possible is part of what makes DIRECTV #1 in customer satisfaction over all other cable and satellite providers.5

We are grateful that you chose us to be your TV provider. As always, we are eager to earn your loyalty and prove you made the best decision.

On behalf of everyone at DIRECTV, I thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

Jamie Barton
Executive Vice President - Sales and Service
AT&T Services, Inc.

Should be MIGHTY interesting to see how it compares to their U-worse price increases in Jan:

https://www.att.com/esupport/articl...RpUUu7xEpSnU6.3aijSENg#!/u-verse-tv/KM1066256

Note that with the $1 price increase on additional receivers, their prices will now be equal to Comcrap's $10 additional outlet charge - VERY curious to see if they do something similar to D*'s added receiver charges... :eek:
They added an addl. charge to the recvrs either last year or the year before.

I expect the price increase to be on programming.

So, AT&T with DirecTV have this much larger subscription base than either company had before, yet they can't get a volume discount? Or, they get the discount, but they increase profitability by not passing on the savings AND raising subscribers' rates.

It will be interesting to see if Dish / Sling follow suit...

5 months after merge I'm not sure the ATT/DirecTV contracts are all that relevant in price increases for 2016. They won't see dividends in negotiating power/advantages of synergy until those contracts are up.

Can't view it from work, must not be too bad since there wasn't instantly 10 pages of hot takes.

So, AT&T with DirecTV have this much larger subscription base than either company had before, yet they can't get a volume discount? Or, they get the discount, but they increase profitability by not passing on the savings AND raising subscribers' rates.

It will be interesting to see if Dish / Sling follow suit...
They will. Probably about $5 per month on average, would be my guess. Will still make them a little cheaper, but not much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)