Price Increase coming in February

Status
Please reply by conversation.
a little bit bigger than in recent years; last year and the year before it was about a 4-5% increase.

and last year, there wasn't an increase on the additional receiver fees. year over year, it's bigger, but in the grand scheme, costs are higher overall for everything.

I hate seeing the receiver fees keep going up, I've reduced my receivers the past couple years to reduce this expense, and it continues to increase.

From memory, are the doing the increase a month earlier this year? I thought in the past it took effect in mid/late Feb, this year late Jan.

Damn - they are adding the RSN fee to Michigan too (which previously didn't have one). $1.97 - and we only have one RSN.

So for example, Xtra with two receivers, that is a $7/mo increase.

The price increase took effect I think the first week of February or so. For some reason, February 8th, 2015 rings a bell, but that may or may not have been the exact date. Either way, it was around then. It's a little earlier, but not that much.

It seems like the price increase has been going on for, say, the last ten years. I am thinking of the once-a-year increases which are typically in the month of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hold the programmers more responsible for creating this situation.

The sports programmers—most especially ESPN—charge high for their live games and a large infrastructure (including team salaries and broadcasting rights).

I do have to give props not just to cord-cutters but also the many Millenials who just aren’t that into Cable TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expected. Getting close to the point where I'm considering ota and torrents with a VPN for NFL games on their streaming service.

Dont forget that many more areas will have an additional RSN fee this coming year from DIRECTV.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee

Of course DISH still does not have 24/7 HD RSN's so most will be ok with this unless you don't watch sports.

on DISH most of the premiums are going DOWN $4 a month while they are going up on DIRECTV.

And according to DISH their DVR fee is still lower then DIRECTV's.

Directv Base packs are going up $4-8, Premiums $2-5, and RSN fees $1.97, and $.50 per box fee increase.

That's seems High.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The RSN fees vary per area. You can check your RSN fee at http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee
Sorry I mean $6.39.
0aaac47893bfdb577b9be2a6b247d5c3.jpg

After seeing more of the price increase on Dish, I'm thinking even with RSN fees, Maybe Directv is cheaper now.

Sorry I mean $6.39.

Some areas already had a RSN fee last year so the amount may be only a buck or two. I know NY area had around a 4.50 RSN fee this current year.

Minneapolis has none right now...looks like its going to 1.97

Some areas already had a RSN fee last year so the amount may be only a buck or two. I know NY area had around a 4.50 RSN fee this current year.

Minneapolis has none right now...looks like its going to 1.97
It was $4.63 in the NY DMA,
Now it $6.39

Damn - they are adding the RSN fee to Michigan too (which previously didn't have one). $1.97 - and we only have one RSN.
Minneapolis is the same way. I'm sure it has to do with the Fox Sports ______ PLUS station that seems to add more and more programming to it

Status
Please reply by conversation.