Price Increase coming in February

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
In theory they could have eaten the cost, but judging by how much it is going up industry wide, I would say the cost analysis would not support that notion. I think as we see more contracts come up for renewal, however, we will see better results between both DatV and Dish, and maybe even Comcast. If those three can control the price increase together, in accordance with any and all government regulations, to combat the channel owners, and most notoriously NAB.

It has English Base Package and English All Included Basic Package. What is the difference here ?

surely people aren't so naive that they actually thought the costs would go down after the merger

price hikes are going to happen every year because the cost of programming has spiraled out of control thanks mostly to all these mega sports contracts. Eventually the current pay tv model is going to collapse, but until it does, yearly price hikes will continue

its not just sports contracts...all programmers want more

Here is one from a cable company near me

AMC_Notice.jpg

and my uncles podunk cable company the same thing

We make it a priority to keep your cable TV rates as low as possible. Currently, we are negotiating the contractfor AMC, and they are requesting alarge increase. If we are unable to reach an agreement with them by 12-31-2015, Runestone Cable will no longer offer AMC channel 32 on our Basic package. We are doing our best to keep Cable TV rates as low as possible.

Ironically they have no Viacom channels. They were dropped by alot of smaller providers

its not just sports contracts...all programmers want more

Here is one from a cable company near me

View attachment 112240
yes they are all asking for more but sports is the biggest culprit imo and the reason why more people haven't ditched their cable/satellite subscriptions. If we can ever manage to get rid of the local market rsn blackout rules (which i think are illegal and wouldn't hold up in court), i think you will start to see the collapse of the current pay tv model as fans turn to steaming options instead such as nhl gamecenter, etc

Turner did the same thing with Directv.

This price increase is based on the negotiations from roughly the last quarter of 2014 through the third quarter of 2015. of that, AT&T owned Directv for roughly... 9 or 10 weeks.

But let's blame the merger.

and there will be people who bitch and threaten to leave....but they wont ;)

Every year I have to deal with that.

This is the worst time of year to sell any product because when do you start telling customers about the new prices?

You quote the old prices today, they call and bitch February 1st when they didn't even have the service 30 days and the rates go up.

You quote the new prices, people call around and think your charging too much and loose the sale.

You quote the old price and new price and it just leads to confusion.

My bill went up $11.00 this month.
I looked at the cost of our service plus the cost of our internet with Spectrum/charter and found that we could save the internet cost by doing the Spectrum/charter triple play.
Plus the Sliver program actually give us more programming than Directv. Yes we did give up the convenience of the Genie System for two DVR’s. Our move away from Directv was to save money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts