Price increase for college football PPV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Did Dish have a price increase on their regional PPV college football games? My Vols first game is on PPV tomorrow night and is $39.99......WHAT?!?! I'm almost certain those games were $29.99 last season. And I honestly wouldn't have such a problem with the price if it was in HD. Not only is it in SD, but its like the worst SD quality you've ever seen. Unless the camera zooms in close its hard to read the jersey numbers on my 58" plasma. One would think the quality would be top notch for $40.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Wait... $30 (now $40?!) for a single game?! :eek: Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the Gameplan thing?

No way in heck would I pay that much to watch a bunch of volunteers playing football. Now maybe if it were a real college team. ;)

Yes Sooners ppv opener is $40 tomorrow night and in glorious SD on Dish. HD on everyone else. They were $39.99 the last year too.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I already pay a 100 bucks a month for tv, no way am I paying another 40 to watch what is normally a blow out by halftime.

Wait... $30 (now $40?!) for a single game?! :eek: Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the Gameplan thing?
they are blacked out on game plan in those markets

Attachments

• 1028847.jpg
    1028847.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 221
You guys are idiots if you buy it. No one should, at least until it is in HD, though I think it is tooooo expensive.

I agree that it's too expensive. But I honestly don't mind the cost as much as I do the picture quality. I can have a few friends over to watch and share the cost. But that picture quality is HORRIBLE!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

The single school PPV games have always been expensive. And they are typically the crummy games that don't get picked up by a network.

It's Dish's fault it's in SD. It's Fox's fault that it's 39.99 as they set the price. Uverse customers got screwed to the tune of 49.99 for the HD feed.

I got screwed by Southern California Edison as my power out from 11am to 9:30pm I didn't get to see any football all day.

Yeah I'd go to a sports bar or something before I pay even $10 for just 1 game and even if its in HD I'd still go to another location to watch it. I have family that have cable and Direct, so I'd find it some where even if I had to listen to it only on XM or find some pirate site online to stream it and we all know there are plenty of them.

It isn't baseball. I only get 12-13 games a year, so I'd pay the 40 and have in the past. And since I live in California not Oklahoma, sports bars near me aren't going to have it. Because businesses have to pay much more than $40 to show a PPV game, so I'd have to go to an alumni viewing party, and the closest one is in Santa Monica, with gas and parking and wrangling a 4 year old... 40 is a bargain.

Thankfully we don't have this problem in Big Ten country. Every game is on Big Ten Network, one of the ESPNs, or one of the broadcast networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts