Switch Columbus local channels to Cincinnati locals?

JC10380

Original poster
Sep 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
I am a first time poster, but a long time reader. I have gotten many answers to my questions without registering, and want to thank everyone for that.

Is there any way to switch my physical address to a Cincinnati address, but keep my billing address the same? I am from Cincinnati but have relocated to Columbus. Can I keep my equipment at my Columbus address but get Cincinnati locals?

Will I need to repoint my Dish? Any other problems? Thanks!

I am a first time poster, but a long time reader. I have gotten many answers to my questions without registering, and want to thank everyone for that.

Is there any way to switch my physical address to a Cincinnati address, but keep my billing address the same? I am from Cincinnati but have relocated to Columbus. Can I keep my equipment at my Columbus address but get Cincinnati locals?

Will I need to repoint my Dish? Any other problems? Thanks!

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Don't tell the phone rep that you want locals from somewhere else. That violates FCC regs, and if Dish knowingly falsifies a customer's physical location, they can be fined by the FCC. The official answer is no, you cannot do that.

Get what I'm sayin'?

EDIT: My answer is a general one. I didn't check to see where Columbus and Cincy locals are coming in on.

I think Cinc is on 77W which is eastern arc and Columbus is on 129W which is western arc. At some point I would think Cinc probably will be moved to 61.5W, but who knows for sure. Since Cinc is presently on a conus beam, you could receive it in the Columbus area but only if you have an antenna pointing at 77W. I'd guess you have a western arc install (110/119/129) so you'd have to add a wing dish for 77. I don't live in that area so I'm going by what's on The List (see link at top of page).

I think Cinc is on 77W which is eastern arc and Columbus is on 129W which is western arc. At some point I would think Cinc probably will be moved to 61.5W...
That is correct, this is a Western Arc vs Eastern Arc problem. He would need to add a wing dish pointing at 77ºW as you mention. Dish will NOT provide this either because as far as they're concerned, he has no use for it.

Cinti SD locals are on 110° western arc on a spot bean that reaches most of the state of Ohio including the entire Columbus, OH area. The Cinti. HD locals are on 77° Eastern Arc and they are currently on a ConUS beam so location is not an issue.

The Cincinnati TV market starts at Clinton Country so any address south of Wilmington (Or according to many in the Ohio Legislature, "the state line") will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)