Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

You mentioned last week I think that you thought this might happen before the end of the year....... are you now saying something different?
I said I hope they have them back before the end of the year. But I do know that the Uplink is on Holiday Lockdown until January 3rd, so it does not appear like it is going to happen.

I said I hope they have them back before the end of the year. But I do know that the Uplink is on Holiday Lockdown until January 3rd, so it does not appear like it is going to happen.

No problem there, just unlock it lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

After yesterdays retailer chat, it would not surprise me to have a DONE DEAL by the end of the year.

Here is to HOPING!
Scott

This is your post that I misunderstood... I thought maybe you heard something from the retailer chat that lead you to believe a deal might be done before the end of the year...... looks like now that we are done for this year..... and will see what might happen next year.

CHURN BABY! Churn! will be the word in 2014 .

You've displayed your hatred of Dish before. If you don't like it, there is a door. Please close it behind you when you leave.
I think there will be a lot less chrun than you think.
Most people who have dvr's will not want to change. They don't want to loose all the recordings they have.
How long before D* announces their price increases. Every year we get the same posts about the price increases and then all the other providers also post increases.
Get over it. Price increases are a part of life. I don't pay what I pay when I got Dish over 18 years ago.

Like gas and food, people will pay for TV and they know it. Programming plus fees, what Dish charges is too much for my wallet.

but you have to have gas and food, but not pay TV :) I was planning on ditching the dish at the end of the year anyway.

Yea, $5 next year, another $5 the year after.

Top120 used to be $19.99 as an everyday price 8 years ago. When is the bleeding and greed going to stop?

Im sure Directv will raise their rates also, so this is NOT an anti-Dish post.

The biggest blame, IMHO, can probably be placed on the NAB - National Association of Broadcasters.

Just talked to a friend who works for DIRECTV in New York, and he tells me they have the same rising costs as DISH does... he also said that DIRECTV's increase will closely match DISH's.

Sounds to me like no one is immune to an upcoming increase this year. :(

Every year we keep on saying "How much it too much." I have a feeling we will be asking the same question next year at this time. :(

but you have to have gas and food, but not pay TV :) I was planning on ditching the dish at the end of the year anyway.

Your exactly right! No one has to have pay TV. I do think some here see it as a necessity. If TV is as important to people as food and gas I feel sorry for them.

I love my Hoppers but if prices keep going up with $5 here and $5 there for fees I'm gone. I don't care what I have recorded on my DVR. I have way to many options where I live. I could do the every two year switch if need be. I don't want to but its an option.

Then again just drop all together. TV is not the most important thing in my life.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Ya i don't think i'm adding a fourth hopper now not at $12. They done **** and fell back in it.

I'm spending $84.50 per month for a 722 and a 211, with AT200, and am already at a point where a price hike will force a change in my sub level. My TELCO has been hounding me to switch to their fiber service, and with each price increase from Dish, I get closer to that tipping point.

I posted this in the Pub Members forum, but will post it here as well...

If it wasn't for the fact that I can write off my satellite service on my taxes each year, I got to be honest I would probably be considering canceling service.

And honestly the only thing keeping me with DISH now is the Hopper... it is so damn good and I know there is nothing better out there.

BTW with my post above I am not bashing DISH for raising the prices... I know their costs are going up and they must pass those costs along. And even the TV Networks must pay to produce the shows we all love, the cost to produce those shows keeps going up.

In nature we have the food chain... and in satellite we have the TV Chain.

For DISH and DIRECTV they are at the near end of the chain, and its up to them to be the bad guys and say PAY UP. Of course like the food chain its up to you to decide if you eat it or not.

Just talked to a friend who works for DIRECTV in New York, and he tells me they have the same rising costs as DISH does... he also said that DIRECTV's increase will closely match DISH's.

Sounds to me like no one is immune to an upcoming increase this year. :(

Every year we keep on saying "How much it too much." I have a feeling we will be asking the same question next year at this time. :(
How is too much and are we paying for more programming? If you pay for more, but get more, then there is a payoff. But programming seems a bit stagnant (other than the collegiate conference channels which at least offer stuff that wasn't on before), so the price hikes seem a bit harsh verses what we are getting. Disney wants more because they are paying $100 million for the rights to show a single MNF game. So we end up paying for it... something that was already shown for free OTA before Disney swapped it to ESPN from ABC. Comcast will want oodles for NBC Sports, but that is because they overbid for the EPL, something we were already seeing for less on FSC. It is where competition for the content provider is bad for the actual consumer.

But for many people there is one or two things they really do like, and the only way to access it is via Cable/Sat so it is all or nothing.

Even if MNF was being shown on ABC or ESPN it really does not matter since it was done by the same company with the same bottom line. Its a safe bet to say that cable and satellite subscripbers were paying for MNF even when it was on free over the air television.

Hmm wonder if we will ever see the day "Oh we will be doing a $5 decrease on your rate next year".. At this points All Tv Providers are going to run themselves out of the business due to more people will drop their service and do more things online.

I'm spending $84.50 per month for a 722 and a 211, with AT200, and am already at a point where a price hike will force a change in my sub level. My TELCO has been hounding me to switch to their fiber service, and with each price increase from Dish, I get closer to that tipping point.

Before you tip over, take a look at their pricing history. How long before their costs are right up there. Bait and switch?

Even if MNF was being shown on ABC or ESPN it really does not matter since it was done by the same company with the same bottom line. Its a safe bet to say that cable and satellite subscripbers were paying for MNF even when it was on free over the air television.
To a point. However, Disney would have much less bargaining power if MNF was shown on ABC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)