Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

Wow looks like my bill will be going up $22... Time to drop down a package or two!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I just wanted to make sure about something.

I didn't see it mentioned in the first post, so non-Hopper DVR fees don't change right?

I mean I have a 722K with a $7 DVR Service Fee so it stays at $7 for now, correct?

Last edited:
My DISH America package climbs to $44.99. I'm actually thinking of upgrading at this point to 120+ just to lock in HD for Life (*or until DISH changes it).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My DISH America package climbs to $44.99. I'm actually thinking of upgrading at this point to 120+ just to lock in HD for Life (*or until DISH changes it).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Same here plus the $7 dvr fee.

I looked at Directv but I saw a $99 charge for just a one room setup. The other dvrs other than the Genie are $199. Then there's just 12 months before the bill jumps up.

Looks like SATGUYS is becoming the source for other news media sites to quote now on the net. Now if we could just turn SATGUYS into a lobbying group against PRICE HIKES and use it to FORCE the tv industry to relent in these yearly extortion attempts, we would really accomplish something.:)

Price hikes suck but when I put myself in the provider's shoes I ask myself how they can avoid them? I'm not really sure. One way they try to do it is by dropping channels but all that does is piss customers off. If somehow the rates of the channels themselves could be better regulated it may help. Then I ask myself why the networks raise their rates so much and so often. They must have increasing expenses as well so I guess I can't blame them either right now.

I think the networks and providers really need to take a step back, take a good look at this mess of an industry and try to recreate it. They are all setting themselves up for a huge mess the way it's going now.

The package increase seems to be in the ballpark that Direct had, Its that second Hopper increase that made that new upcoming bill quite the jump

The package increase seems to be in the ballpark that Direct had, Its that second Hopper increase that made that new upcoming bill quite the jump

I didn't like that increase either but it was one I new was coming. Everyone else has been paying for it and if it was that price originally I still would have gotten the second Hopper.

Price hikes suck but when I put myself in the provider's shoes I ask myself how they can avoid them? I'm not really sure. One way they try to do it is by dropping channels but all that does is piss customers off. If somehow the rates of the channels themselves could be better regulated it may help. Then I ask myself why the networks raise their rates so much and so often. They must have increasing expenses as well so I guess I can't blame them either right now.

I think the networks and providers really need to take a step back, take a good look at this mess of an industry and try to recreate it. They are all setting themselves up for a huge mess the way it's going now.

They're not going to take a step back,they're going to ride the cash cow until it can't walk anymore.Then they will retire to some posh home in Beverly Hills.I get the feeling that Les Moonves,Rupert Murdoch,Charlie Ergen,Summer Redstone,and many others are laughing all the way to the bank. Their constant price hikes and record profits sure make it seem that way.I don't begrudge anyone for making a dollar but geesh,how much is enough?

If I read the updated price increase correctly in post #1, two or more Hoppers will receive a $5 credit for 18 months if Hoppers were activated prior to May 22, 2013. Is that how everyone else interprets that?. Sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it.

If I read the updated price increase correctly in post #1, two or more Hoppers will receive a $5 credit for 18 months if Hoppers were activated prior to May 22, 2013. Is that how everyone else interprets that?. Sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it.

Yes

They're not going to take a step back,they're going to ride the cash cow until it can't walk anymore.Then they will retire to some posh home in Beverly Hills.I get the feeling that Les Moonves,Rupert Murdoch,Charlie Ergen,Summer Redstone,and many others are laughing all the way to the bank. Their constant price hikes and record profits sure make it seem that way.I don't begrudge anyone for making a dollar but geesh,how much is enough?

You are correct, the current system will have to collapse before it changes voluntarily. There is just no way the various parties involved are going to altruistically just decide to take less money or go a la carte.

It looks like those of us with 3+ Hoppers will only receive a credit for Hopper #2. So that means you and I will still see a $10/Mo increase in additional Hopper fees, plus the $5 core hike, and the $2 WHDVR fee hike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts