Pricing is out for NFL ST Superfan!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I still thinks its a bunch of BS that we need Superfan to get the games in HD. Considering, all the freaking games will be HD come 2009 after the digital transision is complete. Not one NFL market will be broadcasting in SD after that date.

Good point, I thought several years back it would have become all one package by now. That said, they would still have to have two seperate price points as the SD fans should not be forced to pay the same as the HD guys.

Jimbo

I agree with the 2 price point part. After all, those HD sats didn't just show up. Someone has to help pay for them, might as well be those of us that want our HD sports. I actually never had a problem with the upcharge. Of course, I would rather not have to pay it, so I tried iceWolf's method.

I have no problem with paying an additional charge for the HD version of the games, it's the $99 price point that I don't like. Right new I pay $9.99/month and that gets me 24x7 access to the HD version of the SD channels and that's for 66 channels for me in the Premier package.

So the NFL season goes 4 months, that's $39.96 for HD access to all the channels in Premier vs $99 for access to what, 14 to 17 channels for 6 to 7 hours one day a week. Sorry but to me that's just out of whack if you're saying someone needs to pay for the HD satellites.

Well guys I just tried what IceWolf suggested and it was a no go for me. Nice lady, but she would not budge. The only thing she said is that if you cancel now and decide to come back you would have to pay the regular price. Oh well it did not hurt to try.

Nope, not at all, just waiting for the next one :D

After all it's a forgone conclusion that the Bucks will be in the next one, if you listen to the media.

Jimbo

I feel obligated to delete any posts indicating the Buckeyes going anywhere this year.

GO BLUE!

Back to the NFL

This strategy of calling to request free superfan or "what can you do for me" regarding NFL-ST is the same that many used last year.

What the rep can do will depend on your account history, the value of your montly bill, time with DirecTV, time since last discount, etc.

Many people will be able to get a $99 charge wavied, just like many are able to get a free hardware upgrade ($99-$199). Also, many people will not, such as people that got a recent hardware discount, recent programming credits ($10 off for 12 mo.) etc.

All anyone can do is be polite, call and ask. Then make your decision if you want to keep NFL.

Also, for some people that haven't had NFL but want it, they do sometimes offer the new customer promo to existing customers who want to get NFL for the first time. i.e. $70 for NFL-ST & Premier for 4 months. Superfan is still extra on this promo.

Well guys I just tried what IceWolf suggested and it was a no go for me. Nice lady, but she would not budge. The only thing she said is that if you cancel now and decide to come back you would have to pay the regular price. Oh well it did not hurt to try.

Try again with a different representative.
Not everyone can get it the first try.

I feel obligated to delete any posts indicating the Buckeyes going anywhere this year.

GO BLUE!

I guess that just means that we will have to get a Buckeye in as a moderator is all, afterall, we can't have one sided moderation, now can we !

btw, how can you remove MY post of all people, after all I DO support the Detroit Tigers :D

Jimbo

I guess that just means that we will have to get a Buckeye in as a moderator is all, afterall, we can't have one sided moderation, now can we !

btw, how can you remove MY post of all people, after all I DO support the Detroit Tigers :D

Jimbo

Didn't remove, just strongly considered ;)

Jimbo, now you are disappointing me. A Buckeye fan(oh yeah:) and a Detriot Tiger fan, boo!!! Go Indians we have been sucking it up this year including another blown save by Borowski last night against the White Sox. He is garbage and needs to be released or traded right now!!! But onto SF for 2008. I received an email from DTV and this year they are splitting up my payments into 6. $41.50 for ST over 6 months, and $16.50 for SF over 6 months. I am still going to try to get SF for free.

I called D* today and tried to pay my whole renewal price of $249 at once and they do not give you that option anymore if you had payments the year prior. What a bunch of crap!!! The only way I could pay all at once is if they cancel my account and then it would be whatever the new price is now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts