Primestar 84E/BSC621-2 LNBF Experiment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm kinda a newbie here, Ice, Anole, and many others have been a lot of help, and saved me from some wasted effort. Kudos to them.

Like Rv1Pop, my closest McDonalds is 90 miles away. My array has been both a blessing and a lot of fun.

Well. This sure is a bit of a mood killer now ain't it?

I have one aim and one aim only with my one meter dish: try to get the nets off Galaxy 16. If it doesn't work then I'll stick a Ku LNB back on the Winegard and point it something else. Might even get me a motor and ditch the other dishes. That I KNOW would make my wife very happy and at the same time give me something new to try out.

But no matter what I do, I try what I want to try, taking into consideration advice and wisdom given to me by others.

There is one thing that some here might not have thought about and that is just because you're given advise doesn't mean you have to take it. Kids, more than anyone, understand this however a lot of adults in the world seem to have forgotten this as they mature.

Keep things in perspective. Remember, it's a satellite dish. Nobody's been raped. :)

Hours later, as I reread most of this thread, (now 260+ posts) I realized this was Satcom1's thread. My thought about the comments was:

"Why not have a forum for EXTREME EXPERIMENTS with satellite equipment?"

That way those of us who need more normal ideas would not get sidetracked and off subject in a thread like this. At my age and in my circumstances (20 acres) I will leave the "QRP" to someone else. I want armchair copy. I do want a "HomeBrew" setup, not Prepackaged drivel, but powerful and/or straight forward enough that my wife can enjoy.

Carry on Satcom1, and enjoy what you want to do. If someone does not like what you are doing, say, "thats what I want to try" and move on. BUT if you ASK for advice and you get it, but do not like it, then just ignore it or say "thanks but no thanks" and let it go.

Looks like I am going to reinstall my earlier dish.

The Prodelin fiberglass dish is weaker in the ku department.

Going to make the Prodelin 1130 dish a C band only dish.:)

Attachments

• DSC00264.JPG
    DSC00264.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 193
what motor? I know the SG2100 claims it can move a 1.2m dish but we've seen issues because of the weight of the dish

Iceberg you were correct about the SG 2100.

The issue is the motor elevation bracket.
Its too weak to hold its shape.

If the dish weights more than 35 lbs it will destroy the bracket.:confused:

It will also destroy the joint that holds the arm to the motor.:eek:

So let this be a warning to anybody who is thinking of using the SG 2100 to move a heavy dish.

Don't Do IT.:no

bummer that it screwed up the motor :(

That bracket is kinda flimsy and I know I have had to pound one back to the normal shape after putting a heavier dish on it

Couple of years ago, when the guys put 1m Primestars on SG2100's, they lightened the dish by removing its bracketry, and fabricating their own.
Sorry , I missed whether you did this or not.

I was just lamenting the other day that he'd had a falling out and left the forum.
Last Activity: 11-09-2008 03:03 PM
So, he's been gone since November.

And you should have started your own mini-BUD thread with your fine stuff, my friend! :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts