PrimeStar Dish Restoration

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My dad still has the oval, gray Primestar dish in his back yard, ...
Can this be used to pick-up FTA television?
If so what type of receiver would need to be used?
Check the back side and see if molded into the plastic, it says something like: "84e"
Alternately, measure the width, and the height of the reflector.

If it's about 39" wide (I'm guessing it is), then it'd make a fine FTA dish.
For a receiver, any standard FTA receiver from any of our Gold sponsors,...
... or maybe something used like a Coolsat 5000/6000, or Visionsat IV-200 (or a number of others) would make a fine first system.

Why don't you start your own thread, and post two or threee pictures, and we'll give you all the help you need to get rolling! ;)

edit:
OR, an easy way if you're really interested, just PM Iceberg and ask him to break off your and my comments from this thread to make your own discussion.

After you restore the dish, read the fine print in the contract, the Dish, etc., remains the property of PrimeStar.

There are some people out there that are still honoring that "property of Primestar"

clause in the contract! :eek:

I have 3 Primestar dishes "on hold" because the "owners" are waiting to hear from

Primestar on the fate of the dishes. :(

One guy even thinks that he will get a upgraded Primestar dish and service! :facepalm

There are some people out there that are still honoring that "property of Primestar"

clause in the contract! :eek:

I have 3 Primestar dishes "on hold" because the "owners" are waiting to hear from

Primestar on the fate of the dishes. :(

One guy even thinks that he will get a upgraded Primestar dish and service! :facepalm

You ARE only kidding..... Right?

If not, its time to put on that Primestar T-shirt, look really official, grab the toolbox, and drop by as a Primestar rep to retrieve that lost property! :D

You ARE only kidding..... Right?

If not, its time to put on that Primestar T-shirt, look really official, grab the toolbox, and drop by as a Primestar rep to retrieve that lost property! :D

No for once I am serious! :shocked

I did see some Primestar garb on Ebay and even a coffee cup. If I print up some

bogus release form and put a Primestar sticker on my truck? :eureka

Nah, forget it! Impersonating a rep might be against the Primestar contract too! :rolleyes:

Tron, Ok you take the south and get the dishes down there and I get the midwest area lol....Wow we'd be the Primestar repo guys....
Blind

I have a barn where I can "do you a favor" and store those Contra band dishes

if you get them to me! ;)

(All along I thought they were Ku band dishes! :eek:)

Yes I am willing to take that risk! :D

I found another Primestar today with no sticky legal contract attached! :bounce

I should be able to pick it up tomorrow! :D

We need a dish hunting 2011 thread started soon! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)