Primestar lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I thought I had a lot since I have three. I know where two more are. I think one of them is an 84E. I have one already and two smaller ones.

I will need to look at them!

Oh ya. Two have one output and the 84E has two that I have a 4X3 switch on.

GEOCOLLINS said:
""""Yes, it's an 84E and I bought it on ebay, but be careful as some of the folks selling Primestar dishes on ebay will promise you a 40 x 30 but deliver a smaller dish. I had that happen to me once. A guy from Tyler, Texas sells them on ebay and in the title and on the page it specifically stated 40 x 30. Yet the dish I got from him was only a 36 x26. When I contacted him about it all I got was the runaround. Anyway, it would have cost more for me to ship it back than I paid so I just let it go, but if you buy a dish on ebay be careful.""""

Ding ding ding ding ding.. Me too. I have 7 Primestar dishes now. I'm trying to get a picture on the internet, so everyone can see, but the last dish I bought was from this fella. It wasn't a 84E. I was and still am pissed. I have to get another to replace this one. All of mine are 40 X 30 84E except for this one. The small one is bad. I have it for G3, cuz there's not much on there and it won't pick up much on AMC 9 and G11 especially. Montana PBS on AMC 3 is out on that bird and it won't pick up AMC 4 at all. It barely gets any sports feeds on G3.

I lost WVGN last Thursday during the Apprentice and was able to get it back Monday night. This dish is the only one I have with the single lnb and it works great for digital feeds on both polarities most of the time. It won't work well for analog on both, but digital is great for the most part. I never lost the People Network or the FOX station. I ended up tweaking the dish after moving it back and forth on the pole. Freq 11991 and SR 2001 worked after spending about 20 minutes on it. All has been find with it since that time in about 5 hours of watching. I get quality in the 90's on all feeds with the DMT 1000 receiver including WVGN.
:eek: :eek:

Ken what are some of your experiences with primestar dishes? Are all of yours the same or any of them round? What lnb do they have on them? Are any of them motorized? Thanks for your responses! Mike

I only have used the 84E. They are all oval and I should get the numbers on the other two. I have only used the LNBF that came with them BUT hope to play around with them some more. I thought about a motor BUT still just move them by hand for now.

I just need time!

dishMIKE said:
Ken what are some of your experiences with primestar dishes? Are all of yours the same or any of them round? What lnb do they have on them? Are any of them motorized? Thanks for your responses! Mike

I'm currently using a 84E Primestar with the original LNB. I first had it on G10 just using the V side for the Equity channels.About a month ago the signal had dropped to the point I couldn't receive any channels. The best quality I could get was 41 on my Fortecstar Ultra so I moved my dish to IA5. I get a great signal of 89-90 there, but I'm hoping to go back to G10. Has anyone heard how well the Invacom LNB with the 120 flange works with the Primestar dish? Or how well the HH motors are doing being used with Primestar dishes? Could I just use a regular Invacom LNB with the 40mm neck? I've seen 2 or 3 round Primestar dishes that have the correct LNB holder for the 40mm neck maybe I just go and ask if they want to get rid of their round Primestar dish and use that instead. Thanks for any and all comments, Mike

I have the smaller 74E P* dish and a 'Big Sat' LNB that is rated at the same .3 noise figure as the Invacom and I'm getting 68% on my CoolSat to G10R.

My LNB has the 'fat' 40mm neck and I have it just laying on the feed arm with Plumber's tape securing it to the feed arm.

I just picked up a round 1.0m primestar dish yesterday. The lnb has two inputs, one for horizontal one for vertical. Do I use a switch to combine the two into one or am I missing something obvious?
It is made in Japan and the model # is NJR2112F.
Thanks for any input.

Yes, you can use a switch to switch between the 2 outputs and thus the 2 polarities. You can also replace the LNB with another c120 flange LNB which will mate up to the feedhorn that attaches to your LNB and has a single voltage swicth output. Some LNBs that have C120 flanges and will work are DirecPC LNBs and Invacoms c120 LNBs. Also there were a few primestar LNBs that had a single voltage switched polarity output. You can sometimes find the DirecPC LNBs pretty cheap on ebay. You can also sometimes find channel master multiswitches that will work for use with your LNB pretty cheap there as well. A switch like the channel master cm-6904IFD will work and give you 13/18v polarity switching. There are other switches that will work as well.

Thanks for the info Stefan. Your posts as well as the bracket diagrams by Ziploc have helped tons!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts