Problem with Invacom Quad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coolingwater911

Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Hey guys,

Lets try this again..

I would like to know, if I wired up my new Invacom Quad Polar wrong,, hopefully you can tell me. I placed a diseqc switch in a weather proof housing directly behind my Gen star dish and motor. I bypassed the motor connections until I connected both cables to the switch then ran one more cable from the "to receiver" on the switch to the "LNB in" ,, then ran one cable from the motor " to receiver" to another disqeqc switch,, where I combined a dish pro 500 cable.

Now I am having problems, with the invacom quad, It does not want to receive anything other than 110 or 119,, I tried several of the other Telestar,, but will not see them. I think it is my dish pointing inability though.

However,, is it wrong to run to diseqc switches?? In line with each other??

broke off of another thread...didnt know what that had to do with C-Band

You cannot run switches in series. Only one switch in line per setup.
receiver---motor---switch---lnb

What is your receiver and what are you trying to pick up?

vfrjim said:
Can't you do this?
receiver---disecq ---motor---22K switch---lnbs?
If you do this, it works, but when you're using the ports that bypass the motor, it won't move the dish when you try to go to another satellite. Reason? No commands are reaching the motor.

Al

voomvoom said:
If you do this, it works, but when you're using the ports that bypass the motor, it won't move the dish when you try to go to another satellite. Reason? No commands are reaching the motor.

Al

But I only want to move the dish when I select the satellite that is on the disecq(say port 1) which I am trying to go to, other satellites on my Disecq are my BUD (port 2) and some smaller Fixed dishes(port 3 + 4) On the 22K switch, I have a LINEAR and Circular LNB (on the movable dish).

Thats fine. Just set the motor setting to OFF Disable or whatever it has for the fixed dishes. thats how I use to do it

port 1-KU band (motor set to on)
port 2-DBS (motor set to on)
port 3 (motor off)-fixed dish
port 4 (motor off)-fixed dish 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts