Problem With Remote Control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I noticed that both my Micro HD remotes had started acting up, ie, push the button and sometimes it didn't want to work until I did that several times or pressed it really hard?? Changing batteries didn't fix it so I decided to "sacrifice" one of them if need be to see if I could fix it before I threw it at the wall in the shop. (Did that with an S9 remote a couple of years back BTW)

Using a really sharp thin putty knife/gasket scraper I managed to pry the bottom off without horking it up. Once it was apart I took a large pencil eraser and "gently" scrubbed the PC board contact areas to remove any buildup that may have accumulated there. After that I took a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol and proceeded to wipe off both the contacts on the PC board and the rubber key piece contacts to clean them off. Then I reassembled it and low and behold it works as good as new!!!

So after that I went ahead and cleaned the other one also.

So if you have problems with one of these doing funky stuff and you can get it apart without horking it up, then you can clean it and it may work OK afterwards.

Just saying.............................

Have done the same several times. Works 99% of the time.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
I noticed that both my Micro HD remotes had started acting up, ie, push the button and sometimes it didn't want to work until I did that several times or pressed it really hard?? Changing batteries didn't fix it so I decided to "sacrifice" one of them if need be to see if I could fix it before I threw it at the wall in the shop. (Did that with an S9 remote a couple of years back BTW)

Using a really sharp thin putty knife/gasket scraper I managed to pry the bottom off without horking it up. Once it was apart I took a large pencil eraser and "gently" scrubbed the PC board contact areas to remove any buildup that may have accumulated there. After that I took a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol and proceeded to wipe off both the contacts on the PC board and the rubber key piece contacts to clean them off. Then I reassembled it and low and behold it works as good as new!!!

So after that I went ahead and cleaned the other one also.

So if you have problems with one of these doing funky stuff and you can get it apart without horking it up, then you can clean it and it may work OK afterwards.

Just saying.............................
A few years ago,I though my micro hd would be worthless if the remote pooped out so I bought a few spairs,and glad I did.

A few years ago,I though my micro hd would be worthless if the remote pooped out so I bought a few spairs,and glad I did.

Yeah, that's a good idea too, but not as "cheap" as a bottle of rubbing alcohol though. Assuming that is, that cleaning is all that's needed. :oldwink

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)