Problems getting Buffalo locals in Ontario 61.5W

turk

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 11, 2012
Toronto
Have a Dish from Buffalo Ny using in Ontario during Summer. Dish is 1000.4 eastern arc receiver is 211K.
Have aimed dish peaking 72.7. Readjusted to peak 61.5 Max reading on transponder 13 is 8. So no Buffalo locals.Max reading on other transponders is between 40 and 60. Didn't test this dish or LNBF in Buffalo. Could the LNBF be bad? Spotbeam map shows I am within 55dbw band on map. Map shows this as SP51 but I thought it was SP4. I am about as far away from Buffalo as Syracuse is. Any ideas?

Found this in another thread xxxx://xxx.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnsatsdn61&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E12_SB4.jpg Don't know exactly where it came from but could it be accurate? If so it looks like it would be difficult to get decent signal here. I guess a large dish? Could I do a side dish plugged in to the 1000.4 "LNB in" port?
I guess another option would be to pick up the locals in SD from Satellite 110 and use this to feed 1000.4 lnbf in

Found this in another thread xxxx://xxx.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnsatsdn61&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E12_SB4.jpg Don't know exactly where it came from but could it be accurate? If so it looks like it would be difficult to get decent signal here. I guess a large dish? Could I do a side dish plugged in to the 1000.4 "LNB in" port?
I guess another option would be to pick up the locals in SD from Satellite 110 and use this to feed 1000.4 lnbf in

Its based off the same data. What signals can you get on 61.5 on the spotbeams?

Yes, you can plug a wing dish into the 4th port on the 1000 LNB.

Your 1000.4 is working, that is the correct reading. You will need a 39 inch wing dish to get the buffalo locals.

Any satellite retailers should have it. Not sure what part of Ontario you are in. Toronto there are a lot of satellite stores. On Matheson Avenue near Dixie there're at least two of them.

When Echostar 16 finally gets launched will this help my situation? Spotbeam 54 looks like it should get here fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts