Problems in V*aradise?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The latest software gave Voom the fastest channel changing of any satellite provider, and added a few useful features. Unfortunately, with the new software, use of the Voom button on the remote can cause random lockups. Some users are getting them, others are not. There's also the fact that VOOM now requires HDCP for DVI; those with DVI inputs that don't support HDCP are now forced to use component. Picture through component is still excellent, with noticeably better HDTV quality than DirecTV.

According to post by Wilt H, a fix is days away:
We're close to a fix, I'm told, on the black screen issue you guys reported and the "missing" channels should be back.
Talking days here for the fix, I'm told.
Wilt

Voom is new and there are bugs,and a new software code was just loaded as in dish there are problems but unlike DISH the Voom people watch these boards and are more or less responsive unlike some of the CSR's at E* who lied to me for a year about the switch over of HDTV from 61.5..how's the superdish?? etc etc..i think people with voom post the complaints BECAUSE someone is watching and MAYBE listening..I do not know if that will always be the case,but it seems to be for now

rang1995 said:
Voom is new and there are bugs,and a new software code was just loaded as in dish there are problems but unlike DISH the Voom people watch these boards and are more or less responsive unlike some of the CSR's at E* who lied to me for a year about the switch over of HDTV from 61.5..how's the superdish?? etc etc..i think people with voom post the complaints BECAUSE someone is watching and MAYBE listening..I do not know if that will always be the case,but it seems to be for now
Maybe all csrs and tech consultants from the providers should read these boards.

dfergie said:
Maybe all csrs and tech consultants from the providers should read these boards.
Would be nice..Mark Cuban reads them on AVS but he has a power play problem with VOOM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)