Program guide problem - not showing schedules for SD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ovredcoat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Parkersburg, WV
The last two days when I go to the Program Guide, it seems the HD channels are ok, but the SD channels (such as "E", Tru TV, BBC, etc.) show "To be announced".
Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

have you tried a red button reboot?

all my channels are fine (shows guide info) on the R22 and H23

The last two days when I go to the Program Guide, it seems the HD channels are ok, but the SD channels (such as "E", Tru TV, BBC, etc.) show "To be announced".
Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Had the same issue over the last few days (HR24). 1/3 to 1/2 of the guide showed "TBA". Did a reset this morning and checked the guide again, no good. Then about an hour after the reset all the guide info showed up!

Two + months now on the "Dark Side".

I should have switched 5 years ago!

ditto, had it for a few days, red button, waited overnight, it was all fine

This is actually a known issue for HR24s. Resetting the receiver corrects the problem, but sometimes you have to reset it twice. On the first reset, the receivers sometimes skip the download of guide data. I can only assume this is to try and speed up the reboot process. A second reboot forces it to download everything.

Another method, and one that is usually faster, is to just reprogram the receiver by going to Menu->Parental Favs, and Setup->System Setup->Satellite->Repeat Satellite Setup. Leave the dish type and switch type the way they are and select continue through the rest of the prompts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts