Program Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Is anyone having problems with the 922 program guide. It's been three days since I've had a down load. I am going to G1, 3, the DC light is on, everything seems to be in order.

Jim, I was on G1-3 for 45 minutes sunday afternoon and was never able to get a program guide on my recently acquired 920.

Getting mine every day Jim. I used to do a manual download when it run out, instead of leaving it for the overnight download. But now I've discovered if I leave it on G1 channel 150 while it's off, and between 2pm-5pm est, it gets the download everyday. Thats a time when I'm not watching (usually), so it works for me. I know it's supposed to be from 2am-5am, thats when I watch tv a lot, but it works in the afternoon. I don't know if it will drive a dish from another sat in the afternoon, but it does download the guide between 2pm-5pm, while it's on 150 and cut off.

Al

I've had no problems with my 922 lately. When I see problems I usually unplug the 922 and let it reboot, then I call one of my my program providers NPS or SRL or do an online rehit. Then I force the guide to load. I go to G1-3 and pull up options 6,0,5 diagnostics F and leave it sit there for about 20 min. That usually take care of most guide problems. :)

Thanks guys. I will try these tips. My problem is when I sleep I listen to the classical station WCPE on G5 598 thus missing the AM download. As soon as I get up I go to G1, 3 and it comes on in a few minutes, except for this week.

I've had no problems with my 922 lately. When I see problems I usually unplug the 922 and let it reboot, then I call one of my my program providers NPS or SRL or do an online rehit. Then I force the guide to load. I go to G1-3 and pull up options 6,0,5 diagnostics F and leave it sit there for about 20 min. That usually take care of most guide problems. :)

Tvroporo,

I have done everthing you have suggested and the guide has come on. I then went to the option 6,0,5 but I coundln't find a diagnosics F. All I can get is diagnostics A. How do I get F?

Tvroporo,

I have done everthing you have suggested and the guide has come on. I then went to the option 6,0,5 but I coundln't find a diagnosics F. All I can get is diagnostics A. How do I get F?

Use the < or > keys to toggle. I noticed my guide is not receiving a full two days of info each night lately, but still working fine. I leave my dish on G-15 at night and never allow it to move for updates. Im gonna do a test now... I just did a guide memory purge (while on screen F hit info) I want to see if it loads a full 2 days of info. I think the ACC has been doing something different lately.

Im waiting now :) and watching the daily memory count rise.

Wait wait wait :rolleyes: ...

... almost there:D

Done..............

Humm.... looks like they aren't loading a full 2 days even with a force.

Only getting a:

6 7 0
6 7 0

Should be getting a

6 7 1
6 7 1

At this hour.

Oh well something is beng done different at Motorola.:(

Every morning when I turn it on it's always on G1, 3, but it wasn't downloading.
I've have ahd to force one 3 times today. It just loaded for 12 hours, I went to 4am tomorrow and got "no info," but it has since loaded.

What am I looking for in diagnostic F to teel how long it's loaded for?

Jim, when you're on Diagnostic F, you want to hit the INFO button. You should see how the activation causes the screen to activate, with numbers changing everywhere. Then hit the Guide button, and it should go to the Guide and you should see it searching for info. While this is happening, go back to (Options, 6, 0, 5 and) the Diagnostic F screen. Watch and you see the numbers in the top 2 lines change on the day of the week (you are doing this) and over 3 days. The first 0 is Sunday and going to the right, they follow the days of the week. On the 3rd and 4th lines, in the 4th column over, you will see the memory. When the memory on the 3rd line gets to below a 50 count, it should be ready/complete (note it will be around 50, could be above or should be below), I've seen it as low as 6. On those same lines (3rd and 4th) all the way over to the right, you will see the time. When you first hit the INFO button to start this, the time will reset to 00:00, and start counting up (or maybe it's when you hit the Guide button). But anyway, I have noticed on the 920, it takes about 10 minutes at the most, and usually is ready in 7 minutes. The 922 has more memory and will take a little longer. Hope this helps!

Al

Al,

That was clear as mud. I will have time tomorrow to sort it out.

Thanks.

A fully loaded guide for 2 days will add up to 14 on the top row and 14 on the bottom row (where all the 0's are at for the days of the week) It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. :)

I think I've tried this before and had no idea what was going on. I have been watching these numbers for 16 minutes and don't know any more than I did when I started. In the two row of 0s I have 7 and 3 on both lines, is this what I am waiting for to add up to 14? What is considered a column? I see, from the left, a column of double diget numbers, a column of single digit numbers, a column of triple digit numbers with an "a" in front of them. Al, you talked about a number in the 4th row, 4th column being aroing 50, I see one in what I think is the 6th column that has been on 55 since the begining. I am now 24 minutes into this and I am totally confused.:confused::confused::confused:

I quit at 26 minutes. I have a guide, so I guess that's what I want. Thanks.

I think I've tried this before and had no idea what was going on. I have been watching these numbers for 16 minutes and don't know any more than I did when I started. In the two row of 0s I have 7 and 3 on both lines, is this what I am waiting for to add up to 14? What is considered a column? I see, from the left, a column of double diget numbers, a column of single digit numbers, a column of triple digit numbers with an "a" in front of them. Al, you talked about a number in the 4th row, 4th column being aroing 50, I see one in what I think is the 6th column that has been on 55 since the begining. I am now 24 minutes into this and I am totally confused.:confused::confused::confused:

I quit at 26 minutes. I have a guide, so I guess that's what I want. Thanks.

Your 7 and 3 add up to 10 not 14, it would have said 7 and 7 before. Motorola has changed the amount of data there downloading lately, my numbers don't want to add up like before either. As long as the guide works your good to go, it just won't have as long of a time between a download is needed as before. Hope this helps :D

Hi Jim, the 4th column that I call the 4th column, is directly below where the d- is located in the 1st row. And the 55 you saw is probably in that place if it was in the 3rd row directly below the d- ?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts