Programming comments

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ferdball

Original poster
May 16, 2004
San Diego
I've been Vooming for about two days now. I guess I was expecting a little more. Here are some of my issues:

MOOV - What is the purpose of the MOOV channel? It seems like its nothing more than a screensaver.
Cinemas - Not impressed. All of the content seems old, low-rated and grainy.
Ultra - Nothing more than models on a runway. Again, not impressed.
Auction - Some interesting items, but questionable whether this should be in HD.

I moved from Time Warner's HD service which has Discovery HD Theatre, PBS and whatever OTA programming it gets. What do you think? Am I off my rocker?

VOOM also has Discovery Theater. And TNT-HD. And let's not forget ESPN-HD, home of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals and first two games of the NHL Stanley Cup, with SportsCenter in HD coming June 7. Two more channels reportedly coming on or about June 1.

Did I mention the ten premium movie channels in HD?

Ken F said:
VOOM also has Discovery Theater. And TNT-HD. And let's not forget ESPN-HD, home of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals. Two more channels reportedly coming on or about June 1.

Which channels?-Any ideas?

eschu97611 said:
Which channels?-Any ideas?

How many HD channels does Voom have now, 37? Isn't the limit 39? The only thing Voom doesn't have is HDNETs and InHD. Cubes has said, personaly to many on this forum, that no chance for HDNET. InHD maybe, but why would the cable companies give up their only exclusive? Maybe their adding more SD.

cyuhnke said:
Maybe their adding more SD.

Gosh, I know a lot of people here want Sci-Fi, TechTV, and HGTV, so it wouldn't surprise me to see any of those added. I'm really hoping it's something in HD though. I wouldn't think the rumors would start flying just over a few absent SD channels.

Ferdball - It is easier to tell you what you don't have than to list what you have. You don't have HDNET or INHD. In addition to 10 movie channels in HD and 11 Voom Exclusives you have Bravo-HD, Discovery-HD, ESPN-HD,TNT-HD. And no $10.99 HDPackage fee here. It's worth it for now. We hope that Cinema 10 improves as the movies are older. Suggestions to watch: Innocent Blood,The Life & Times of Roy Bean,
Crusoe, S.O.B.,Clockwork Orange, among others.

I didn't subscribe to the Va-Va-Voom package, so the value that I get from the 37 HD channels is fairly low. I would say that I can watch about 5 of them. The others, as listed above, seem to be available just to increase the number of HD channels available. On the plus side, you can always say that the content will only get better.

Since its only my third day Vooming, I noticed that Disney (maybe others) is on East coast time. That means my 8am Wiggles is on at 5am!!! Unless there is a fix for me, that adds one more reason to keep basic cable around for now.

Ken F said:
VOOM also has Discovery Theater. And TNT-HD. And let's not forget ESPN-HD, home of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals and first two games of the NHL Stanley Cup, with SportsCenter in HD coming June 7. Two more channels reportedly coming on or about June 1.

western conference finals

cyuhnke said:
How many HD channels does Voom have now, 37? Isn't the limit 39? The only thing Voom doesn't have is HDNETs and InHD. Cubes has said, personaly to many on this forum, that no chance for HDNET. InHD maybe, but why would the cable companies give up their only exclusive? Maybe their adding more SD.
I believe they are adding both, they have hd space and sd space available. after the two HD channels are added they will move to wm9 and mpeg4 to increase sd space. Then next year the plan is to apply mpeg4 to HD isnt it? Plus the leases on the other satellite start in October.

vurbano said:
I believe they are adding both, they have hd space and sd space available. after the two HD channels are added they will move to wm9 and mpeg4 to increase sd space. Then next year the plan is to apply mpeg4 to HD isnt it? Plus the leases on the other satellite start in October.

I think by next year will have everything we want except InHD and HDNET. I was speaking more about the June 1 rumor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts