Programming VOOM remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dallasiahawk

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I am having trouble programming my VOOM remote.

I follow the procedure by holding down the button and getting my t.v. to turn off. After that, I am stuck. (I can't seem to get the remote to respond to a specific button press)

I have an HLN567W by samsung, and a 20 inch Toshiba flat tube. I know they would both are capable of being programmed by the VOOM remote.

Any ideas, known problems, etc.?

And which "specific button" are you trying? I think only Volume, Mute and Input buttons are passed to the TV set.

I couldn't get the Voom remote to turn on/off my Sammy DLP. I just bought a good universal remote, Harmony SST688, which operates everything nicely in my HT.

VOOM Remote Programming

dallasiahawk,

Most likely you've missed your code while scanning the codes. You need to follow the programming instructions exactly!. Did you do steps 4 and 5 before pressing the TV button? Have you repeated the procedure as suggested in step 6? Note, that there might be several codes that turn your TV set off. You need to choose the one that works best. Here are the instructions:

1. Turn the television on.

2. Press the TV and OK buttons simultaneously, then release. The VOOM button will light and stay on.

3. Press and hold down the CH+ button until your television turns off (may take up to two full minutes). The VOOM button will flash while the Auto-Scan feature searches for the right code. Release the CH+ button immediately when your television turns off.

NOTE: To save you time, the Auto-Scan feature is trying codes as fast as possible while CH+ is being held down in step 3 above. The scan is so fast that before you noticed that your television went off, the remote may
have already moved past the desired code.
The following steps allow you to back up and stop exactly on the correct code, then save it.​
4. Press CH- five times. The television may or may not turn on again as you do this. If the television does not turn on automatically, turn it on manually before proceeding.

5. Press CH+ one at a time until the television turns off.

6. Press the TV button to save the code and return the remote to normal operation. The remote control TV power, INPUT, VOL, and MUTE buttons should now operate your television. If not, repeat steps 1-6 to scan for
a better code for your television (Auto-Scan will resume where you left off).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)