Programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
I'm going to dump DirecTv this month and had planned to go with Roku, but then I remembered I had a complete 4DTV set up. 10' dish with 4DTV receiver and High-def unit. Controller LNBs etc etc.

Does anyone still sell programming for this unit?

Unfortunately, no. A regular DVB-S2 box will be able to get you a pretty good number of channels, but there's no more subscription C-band.

Edit: do not trust the one guy using a R-named company. He claims to sell C-band subscriptions, but cannot be trusted with your money or equipment.

I'm going to dump DirecTv this month and had planned to go with Roku, but then I remembered I had a complete 4DTV set up. 10' dish with 4DTV receiver and High-def unit. Controller LNBs etc etc.

Does anyone still sell programming for this unit?

You could easily and inexpensively update your system and get these channels too. Equipment is not nearly as expensive as it was when your system was installed, and you already have the dish. It's all down hill from there. There's a lot of knowledgeable people in here willing to help you if you decide to put your dish back in service. You'll get the hang of it in no time. I'd suggest giving it a try.

Interesting.
I'll have to do some more reading
Can I use the same LNBs etc? Same frequencies?
I've got some very nice feed horn stuff that I never even got to use....:biggrin
I guess the good news is I'm moving from WA to NM where the footprint is (at least used to be) better

Interesting.
I'll have to do some more reading
Can I use the same LNBs etc? Same frequencies?
I've got some very nice feed horn stuff that I never even got to use....:biggrin
I guess the good news is I'm moving from WA to NM where the footprint is (at least used to be) better

I would recommend getting a dual output Titanium C2PLL LNBF. It is internal switching for the polarity and it allows you to hook up 2 receivers. It comes with a new scalar and feed assembly for about $50 dollars. If you go with the older 950mhz output LNB's, you need a way to switch the polarity. If you want to stick with your older equipment, you can always purchase a Titanium ASC1 for about $180.00 to control the motor and polarity. If you use multiple dishes, it also controls DiSEqC switches, but it does a lot more.

You can read about it here. Titanium Satellite - Store So far, I'm using 5 dishes as you can see in my profile picture, all locked on different satellites. I always go overboard on stuff like this. Keeps me from getting bored in my old age. It's a great hobby.

Here's something I wanted to try before C-Band and the 4DTV went away
I never did get to it, but it would have provided both H and V polarization at the same time and the receiver could sort it out.
Still like to use it somehow.

horn.jpg

Reactions: Cham
So what am I seeing there a dual KU and dual C-Band?
What do you call that feed horn? Looks like a good idea
That is a dual orthomode feed, Chap Bullseye II. It's ok but very pricey. That one I got used from a member here that had to quit the hobby. Chaparral thinks very highly of them. $450 :eek

Wow, Great!
A feed for METV!

I like the Lukin channels on 87W (SES2). They have a lot of old programs like The Joey Bishop Show. I find shows on them that I haven't seen in 40 years. I wish they'd put Johnny Carson on. They have Dick Cavett, but he's no Johnny Carson. If you like westerns, you can western yourself to death. Well worth getting up and running.

I wish they'd put Johnny Carson on.
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson has a big-time syndication agreement with AntennaTV.

Free TV isn't well-positioned financially to strike (or participate) in exclusive agreements.

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson has a big-time syndication agreement with AntennaTV.

Free TV isn't well-positioned financially to strike (or participate) in exclusive agreements.

I figured it was. There's a lot of low budget, really old shows on Luken, but that's alright. I like most of them since I was a kid when a lot of them were airing. (Giving away my age) :)

Reactions: Horsepower
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts