Proper 2 H3 setup

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
NJ

I dug this up is still correct setup ? As I have same issue with setup H3 A to Joey A and H3 B to Joey B Both joey seem to have issues with Video on Demand IF i rewind/fastword or pause to much BOTH said Joeys will freeze up to point i cant get out VOD and it will take 3+ minutes to get back live tv IF it even does that, I will go into status screen on those joeys and it will show no tuners. I can rewind/fast word pause how ever much i want on both H3 no issues. as we dont have power outlet by swtichs as there out side

Both Joey seem have issue just watch DVR too they tend to freeze up with black screen this been happen for last few months, require me to exit to live see DVR, this does not cause tuner lose though. dont know if VOD issue start at same time.

My setup or atlest how it is now, cause i not sure original was setup anymore. is DPH42 Feeding 2 of hybrid solo hub. H3A and Joey 4K A are on one and H3B and Joey 4K B are on the other , The power insterted brick is by H3A Cable feed goes into power inserter out goes to H3A

For as long as i can remeber My Joey has always has random stutters skips, that NOT in actual feed as H3 is fine and if I rewind to before the skip/jump there is no skip jump, Also been get alot scrambling threw most channels at random in random parts of screen. but that seem to happen on h3 too cause if i rewind said scramble are there.

I will go out side take picture of switchs out side

Am i supposed to have specific LNB/Dish for this step. for most this setup has been fine for past 2 years, minus those skips that seem to happen the joeys, the whole DVR issue start 2~3 months back and I not sure if VoD is always been there on JOEY end cause i rarely watched VOD

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper plus "supposedly" will serve and 2 h3 system, so H3A and Joey A and H3B and Joey B will be server by the one, I did get 2 difrrent stories, about hopper plus 1 told i could get with 2 h3, other person i got now tell i need to drop one h3.

I was told cause i with dish would WEAVE upgrade fees for hopper plus and joey 4. take all this grain of salt/

I still in process of setting this all up

as of now i annoyed first person talk to said it was possible but they need to transfer to tech dep i got disconnect so now talking to other person clue less

Been disconnect 3 time so for

ok take everything said with grain of salt a hugh grain of salt, I have now talk 5 people each time i got hungup on or discconect, and diffrent story each time.

I will updates this after i actual get hold someone that can get things done.

Still dont know what up with DVR and VOD with joeys 4k

Indeed. The 1 H+ serving 2 H3's is preposterous. I would be stunned if that was possible. And Scott already told us Dish doesn't want you to have a H+ with 2 H3's.

We are not allowing a Hopper Plus on a dual Hopper install.

not allowing is not same as not possible. dish also dont want to allow 2 h3 installations , but if you buy 2nd h3 and talk to right person in loyality they will allow and glad charge one 15$ for the second hopper.

Gona see when call again today, cause i got disconnect 4 time yesterday when i got tranfered. after be told it could be done.

p
That is our business rule and the system will not let you. If you want a Hopper Plus, you will need to remove a Hopper.
just proving my point there, you dont want allow, which not same as it possible, system also dont allow 2 h3 to be added to account, it had to be overriede to be done after talk to right person in loyalty.

not allowing is not same as not possible. dish also dont want to allow 2 h3 installations , but if you buy 2nd h3 and talk to right person in loyality they will allow and glad charge one 15$ for the second hopper.

Gona see when call again today, cause i got disconnect 4 time yesterday when i got tranfered. after be told it could be done.
If allowed, what does Dish charge for the 2nd Hopper 3 monthly fee? Thanks

I have work order for all this there come out sunday sept 11th, 24m contract is being waved, upgrade fees are be weaved hardware what i was original told. I have name and id of loyalty department and there superviser they talked too and all this is noted it in system, 1 hopper plus to serve the 2 h3 and the upgraded joey 4 connect to each h3. will update after this all done. I full expect the tech to come have no clue what supposed to be happen like all the other time, let alone how to set it all up.

Fees wise.
24m Contract and upgrade fees ARE waved, i am assuming you have be with dish long enough for them to entertain that idea I been with dish for 24 years.

There is no charge monthly for hopper plus. and pay $7 month per joey like i was with the 4k joey basically my month charges for hardware will not change

That is just plain stupid!

But since I would gain absolutely nothing from a Hopper + I won’t be getting one anyway.
I think lots of Dish sales reps don't know what they are talking about when calling to sign up for service. Maybe it is best to go through a dealer who has more power to change equipment setups etc like 2 Hopper 3's. Online and calling Dish is getting so time consuming and still they don't know what they are telling us folks.

On another note, what benefits are there for trying to get a 2nd Hopper 3? Just curious everyone's thoughts. Thanks!

I think lots of Dish sales reps don't know what they are talking about when calling to sign up for service. Maybe it is best to go through a dealer who has more power to change equipment setups etc like 2 Hopper 3's. Online and calling Dish is getting so time consuming and still they don't know what they are telling us folks.

On another note, what benefits are there for trying to get a 2nd Hopper 3? Just curious everyone's thoughts. Thanks!

For me it redunancy if 1 hopper goes down the joeys all still work and cause they connec to other hopper 3, which how i had last setup 2 hopper with sling and 2 joeys.

It also keep my recording seperet from other hopper then get replaced often and general lost recording when it got replaced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts