Protection plan replacements

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
I have a HR10-250 that I received in July. I think its starting to go bad. Has anybody in my situation had a HR-10 replaced and received a HR20 ( with the protection plan ) ? When I received my HR10, The CSR assured me that it would be swapped out free when the new HR20 became available, But I'm still waiting. Any Thoughts ? Thanks -

When I received my HR10, The CSR assured me that it would be swapped out free when the new HR20 became available, But I'm still waiting. Any Thoughts ? Thanks -

Call them and remind them of that piece of info, because I am sure they will skip that IF you don't remind them.

Jimbo

I just called in today to get my Tivo replaced because it is going bad too. They said that they wouls ship me the HR20 to replace the Tivo. It should be here in a few days...will update if I can recall to do so.

HR20-700 rec'd today and installed it myself. Not difficult since it was simply reconnecting existing cables to like-named ports on the back of the new box. PQ seems slightly better...OTA reception is markedly better on all but one network, but that one network was already coming in at 100% (20 miles from 100kw transmitter), so I ampleased with the extra /better channel reception.

My experience might not be the norm, but since they were shipping it and not having it delivered by an installer, that might make the difference.

HR20-700 rec'd today and installed it myself. Not difficult since it was simply reconnecting existing cables to like-named ports on the back of the new box. PQ seems slightly better...OTA reception is markedly better on all but one network, but that one network was already coming in at 100% (20 miles from 100kw transmitter), so I ampleased with the extra /better channel reception.

My experience might not be the norm, but since they were shipping it and not having it delivered by an installer, that might make the difference.

I am glad to see that they would ship one and not have(insist) to have an installer come out

I am glad to see that they would ship one and not have(insist) to have an installer come out

When I called to activate it, the CSR was genuinely surprised that I was able to do the swap out myself. Apparently a lot of the people she deals with can't wrap their brains around unscrewing the SAT1 cable from Box 1 and screwing it into SAT1 on Box2, and so on... :p

And all the questions did lean towards the assumption that an installer had come out (or should come out), so maybe my experience is somewhat unique. :rolleyes:

What happens if you have HR10-250 that fails today - but like the OP says - is entitled to a FREE "upgrade" to an HR20-700? I'm supposed to get this when available in my area - and I'm still waiting, too.

My "swap" isn't a swap tho, I OWN this TiVo and am told it is mine to keep - so when it's all said and done, I'll have BOTH the HR10-250 (that will function like a 200 hour Sat SD (and OTA local HD) DVR & HR20-700.

Under the scenario at the top, will I end up with just the HR20-700, or will I get an additional 20-700 when they "come to my area"??

What happens if you have HR10-250 that fails today - but like the OP says - is entitled to a FREE "upgrade" to an HR20-700? I'm supposed to get this when available in my area - and I'm still waiting, too.

My "swap" isn't a swap tho, I OWN this TiVo and am told it is mine to keep - so when it's all said and done, I'll have BOTH the HR10-250 (that will function like a 200 hour Sat SD (and OTA local HD) DVR & HR20-700.

Under the scenario at the top, will I end up with just the HR20-700, or will I get an additional 20-700 when they "come to my area"??

This is exactly what happened with me...my Tivo (10-250) crapped out and because I have the replacement/protection plan, they sent me the 20-700 for no charge. My area is #100 on the DMA,so the MPEG4 issue is not in play yet. And since I bought the Tivo outright, this one was replaced for no charge. The catch was that I had to return the Tivo for the even swap. If I kept the Tivo, I would have been charged $200 for the 20-700.

The replacement box is now in the system as being owned by me, not leased. So as long as you have the box in your name and not leased, you will continue to have that level of ownership. But you will only get to have 1 box in your name as being owned. You might be able to talk theminto some other deal, but you will likely be required to swap it.

Hmmm.. interesting. I wonder what happens AFTER I get "swapped" out, and my HR10-250 craps out then? Since I have no intention of stopping service on it after I get the new HR20-700, and I have the protection plan on it - what will they do THEN?? I can't believe they'll just happily take my monthly payment for the add'l receiver AND protection plan and not replace a subbed TiVo. We'll have to wait and see.

Hmmm.. interesting. I wonder what happens AFTER I get "swapped" out, and my HR10-250 craps out then? Since I have no intention of stopping service on it after I get the new HR20-700, and I have the protection plan on it - what will they do THEN?? I can't believe they'll just happily take my monthly payment for the add'l receiver AND protection plan and not replace a subbed TiVo. We'll have to wait and see.
Does the protection plan cover all boxes,or is it applied per box? And like I said (for my situation) if I kept the Tivo, I would have been charged $200 for the 20-700. So you "can" keep the Tivo, but it will cost you.

You are lucky. I called today to upgrade my HR10 to an HR20 and they told me that it would definitely have to be installed by an installer. I told her I used to work on satellite systems and it was a piece of cake for me to unplug the HR10 and install the HR20. They said that all new equipment has to be installed by their installers.

Then, they told me it won't be for 7 weeks, before they can send an installer over. This is because of the backlog of new installs from the holiday sales, and sales and upgrades since the HD announcement this week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)