Protection Plan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikebb79

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Bay Area, CA
I'm sure this was posted somewhere, but I just couldn't find it. Wanted an opinion on the protection plan and whether it's worth it. Feel free to point me to a previous thread if necessary. The installer had me sign up for activating it for 30 days and I'm not sure if I should keep it on my bill, or cancel it before I start getting charged. I live near the bay area in CA, so no snow to worry about. I am however in a pretty windy area, so I'm not sure if that would require a few service calls or not. The installer did realize that though, and kind of setup the dish in a location where it should be decently guarded from the wind. Anyways, what say you?

I have it as I have owned equipment so it is worth it to me. Also I live in a area of florida where we get the occasional strong storm. so at least once a year I have a tech out to redo the dish so that 49.95 and I tend to break at least one remote a year. 19.95 so to me it makes up for it.

A service call is 49.95, so of you need one of those a year then yes. It also covers the 19.95 FedEx 2 day shipping on any replacement receivers you may need.

I would say leave it off, and then if something comes up, add it, the coverage starts immediately.

I wish all insurance was like that!

A service call is 49.95, so of you need one of those a year then yes. It also covers the 19.95 FedEx 2 day shipping on any replacement receivers you may need.

I would say leave it off, and then if something comes up, add it, the coverage starts immediately.

I wish all insurance was like that!

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I'll probably leave it off for now then, and possibly add it if something comes up. I do however worry about the remote getting damaged. However, if it was a game controller we were talking about, I would most definitely need insurance on it, as it seems every time I play a game of Madden online, I break one in a fit of rage. Oh the money I could have saved.....

I do however worry about the remote getting damaged. .....

I've bought a couple remotes off ebay as spares.... the offer was for 2 at less than $10 including shipping. I haven't checked lately if this price is still good. Even Walmart had them for around $20 ea.

The protection plan is not worth the price. We have been with Directv for 15 years at 5.00 a mounth that would be $900.00 wasted on the protection plan. We have never needed a service call and if we ever do I will be happy to pay for it. We had one HDDVR replaced for $20.00 and have never broken a remote, can't figure out how to do that. We live in the NWest with lots of rain, some snow and strong winds.

The protection plan is not worth the price. We have been with Directv for 15 years at 5.00 a mounth that would be $900.00 wasted on the protection plan. We have never needed a service call and if we ever do I will be happy to pay for it. We had one HDDVR replaced for $20.00 and have never broken a remote, can't figure out how to do that. We live in the NWest with lots of rain, some snow and strong winds.

Really.... Really.... You cant figure out how to break a remote.

1. you spill your beer on it . ( or other liquid.)
2. you toddler uses it as a drum stick on a hard tile floor.
3.you dont see it and you accidentally steeped on it.
4. your bird destroyed the buttons.
5. button failure due to normal wear and tear.

Also since I own not lease any of my equipment i have it on there they have replaced my HR22 once for 0 if I had to buy it again it would of been 400+ since I buy and not lease.

stonecold said:
Really.... Really.... You cant figure out how to break a remote.

1. you spill your beer on it . ( or other liquid.)
2. you toddler uses it as a drum stick on a hard tile floor.
3.you dont see it and you accidentally steeped on it.
4. your bird destroyed the buttons.
5. button failure due to normal wear and tear.

Also since I own not lease any of my equipment i have it on there they have replaced my HR22 once for 0 if I had to buy it again it would of been 400+ since I buy and not lease.

Don't forget the almighty cushion remote eater, I hear most homes have them and have been known to eat other things then just remotes!

Try a rabbit. My cousin's remotes are all button-less! I must have overused my 30 sec skip/slip button because it no longer works... :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts