Pryor earns MVP

I figured that since it's a sat site, no one would ever see me post it anyway (at least no one who I wouldn't want to see it). Obviously, TP confirmed exactly what I said about PSU during his presser when he said, "I never liked that place, it's just too country."

One thing TP didn't convey publically that I thought he would (which is way funnier!) was about his supposed #2 choice. It's much worse actually. Although he praised coach RR and UM during the presser, nothing could be further from the truth. I actually saw a text message from him about a week ago that said, "I'll play for Michigan when monkey's fly out of my a**hole!"

Also, as I stated earlier, TP will be in Columbus on Friday to meet with the staff and academic advisors to sign up for classes. He is going to be a criminal justice major. He's a really good kid with his head on straight, and as you've probably figured out already, he really knows how to manipulate the media.

Can you blame the kid?! Looks like Pryor understands this rivalry perfectly and will fit in just fine here in Ohio! (No offense Michigan. ;)) Woody Hayes would be proud!

He'll be the starter by week 3.

There's a quote out there from Kirk Herbstreit saying that Prior will be eased into the lineup and will be used on certain downs this year as Tim Tebow was used in Florida. Coach Tressel is a very patient and conservative man. I doubt he wants to throw Pryor to the wolves too soon and abandon his Senior QB in Todd Boeckman.

There's a quote out there from Kirk Herbstreit saying...

And that's when I stopped reading. :haha

This kid's got a lot to live up to with all the hype that surrounded his commitment. I wouldn't be touting him as a Tebow-type if I were Kirk "Les Miles to Meechigan" Herbstreit.

And that's when I stopped reading. :haha

This kid's got a lot to live up to with all the hype that surrounded his commitment. I wouldn't be touting him as a Tebow-type if I were Kirk "Les Miles to Meechigan" Herbstreit.

Why would that be ?

He appears to be exactly like Tebow.
Big kid, can run as well as throw.

Remember Tebow played alot his freshman year and was ready to take over the next year.

Jimbo

Why would that be ?

He appears to be exactly like Tebow.
Big kid, can run as well as throw.

Remember Tebow played alot his freshman year and was ready to take over the next year.

Jimbo

There are a lot of big, fast kids that come out of highschool like that, and find out it's a different world playing college football. It's smart to wait and see how he does against that level of competition before you make him a heisman candidate, don't you think?

There are a lot of big, fast kids that come out of highschool like that, and find out it's a different world playing college football. It's smart to wait and see how he does against that level of competition before you make him a heisman candidate, don't you think?

Where did I say anything about a Heisman ?
You won't find any of MY post stating that.

Tebow was NOT a Heisman candidate his first year and not thought of one till the middle of last year.
Tebow had to start somewhere, as does Prior, maybe he'll do well, maybe not, but lets not bury the guy before he steps on the field.

Jimbo

Where did I say anything about a Heisman ?
You won't find any of MY post stating that.

:confused: I think I was the one that brought up the heisman.

... lets not bury the guy before he steps on the field

I'm not burying anybody. I'm saying it's smart to wait and see what he does on the college field before comparing him to one of the best players in college football (as Herbstriet did, not you now).

I'm looking out for you Jimbo. You Bucknuts have been through some rough times lately - I wouldn't want to see you going down that road again too soon. ;) :)

mccoyrj,
I got a question for you :

Is it better to get to the MNC game and lose, or NOT get there at all ?

Now, maybe we can win the thing AGAIN.

Remember it was not all that long ago that we did win it.

Jimbo

Um, there's actually NOT a lot of 6'6" QB's that can run a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and have an arm like Pryor. Just this past year, he has even willed his High School basketball and football teams both to a state titles! I'm not saying he's the next heisman candidate or will have the same successes on the College level, but you must say that the potential he's shown so far is definitely there.

:confused: I think I was the one that brought up the heisman.

I'm not burying anybody. I'm saying it's smart to wait and see what he does on the college field before comparing him to one of the best players in college football (as Herbstriet did, not you now).

I'm looking out for you Jimbo. You Bucknuts have been through some rough times lately - I wouldn't want to see you going down that road again too soon. ;) :)

Just to clarify, I don't think Herbstriet was comparing Pryor to Teebow per say. He was simply saying that the method in which Florida used both of their QB's are to be a similar way in which he thinks the Buckeye's will divide the time between Pryor and Boeckman.

Ie: Boeckman/Leak the passer and Pryor/Teebow the athletic guy to use on 3rd and shorts and etc.

Just to clarify, I don't think Herbstriet was comparing Pryor to Teebow per say. He was simply saying that the method in which Florida used both of their QB's are to be a similar way in which he thinks the Buckeye's will divide the time between Pryor and Boeckman.

Ie: Boeckman/Leak the passer and Pryor/Teebow the athletic guy to use on 3rd and shorts and etc.

I understand HD MM. I was just taking a jab at Herbstriet after some of his impromtu comments the last two years that have rubbed some of us outside the Big 10 the wrong way - i.e., two years ago when he thought Michigan and Ohio State were the best two teams in the country and should be in the MNC; and last year being so smug and confident that Miles was leaving LSU to go to Michigan. Just like to rail on the guy (although I do like his play calling better than most). :)

Um, there's actually NOT a lot of 6'6" QB's that can run a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and have an arm like Pryor. Just this past year, he has even willed his High School basketball and football teams both to a state titles! I'm not saying he's the next heisman candidate or will have the same successes on the College level, but you must say that the potential he's shown so far is definitely there.

Just stating an opinion based on another player at LSU - Ryan Perrilloux. His stats were pretty impressive when he committed:

6-3, 223 pounds, quarterback... One of the most high-profile signees in LSU’s history ... Named the National High School Player of the Year by Ball Park and the National Offensive Player of the Year by USA Today ... A consensus five-star All-American by every major recruiting publication ... EA Sports Elite 11 Quarterback, Parade All-American, Touchdown Club of Columbus (Ohio) National Offensive Player of the Year, U.S. Army All-American Bowl Participant ... Rated the nation’s No. 1 prospect by ESPN ... No. 1 dual-threat quarterback who was nearly impossible to contain during his career ... Considered to have the strongest arm in the country with a quick release and pinpoint accuracy ... Racked up a Louisiana high school record 5,006 total yards of offense as a senior, including 3,546 yards passing and 1,460 yards rushing ... Accounted for 67 total touchdowns (30 passing, 37 rushing) in 2004 ... Had one of the most dominating high school careers in state history totaling 12,705 yards of offense (9,025 passing; 3,680 rushing) ... Had 155 total touchdowns (84 passing, 71 rushing) in four years ... Totaled 21 tackles and two interceptions on defense ... Accounted for 495 yards of offense in his final high school game ... Three-sport athlete who played shooting forward for the basketball team and centerfield for the baseball team ... and on and on.

A lot of potential, but he's finding it hard to do this against college competition. Granted he's had limited playing time and discipline issues, but that's part of the college experience too.

I agree.

Jimbo

Just stating an opinion based on another player at LSU - Ryan Perrilloux. His stats were pretty impressive when he committed:

6-3, 223 pounds, quarterback... One of the most high-profile signees in LSU’s history ... Named the National High School Player of the Year by Ball Park and the National Offensive Player of the Year by USA Today ... A consensus five-star All-American by every major recruiting publication ... EA Sports Elite 11 Quarterback, Parade All-American, Touchdown Club of Columbus (Ohio) National Offensive Player of the Year, U.S. Army All-American Bowl Participant ... Rated the nation’s No. 1 prospect by ESPN ... No. 1 dual-threat quarterback who was nearly impossible to contain during his career ... Considered to have the strongest arm in the country with a quick release and pinpoint accuracy ... Racked up a Louisiana high school record 5,006 total yards of offense as a senior, including 3,546 yards passing and 1,460 yards rushing ... Accounted for 67 total touchdowns (30 passing, 37 rushing) in 2004 ... Had one of the most dominating high school careers in state history totaling 12,705 yards of offense (9,025 passing; 3,680 rushing) ... Had 155 total touchdowns (84 passing, 71 rushing) in four years ... Totaled 21 tackles and two interceptions on defense ... Accounted for 495 yards of offense in his final high school game ... Three-sport athlete who played shooting forward for the basketball team and centerfield for the baseball team ... and on and on.

A lot of potential, but he's finding it hard to do this against college competition. Granted he's had limited playing time and discipline issues, but that's part of the college experience too.

OSU had a guy names Justin Zwick that was the all everything QB in Ohio I think it was and he proved to not be able to handle college ball as well either, Troy Smith took over in his second year.

Also, just because your big doesn't mean you'll be great.
San Deigo State I think it was had a 6'6" QB with a good arm (mind you he wasn't a runner at all) McGuire, Marks brother, can't remember his first name, he was a good and big and strong QB, but never made it big time, so no ones saying that Prior is the best there ever was, but I prefer people not bash on him when he hasn't even got on the field either. (previous posts and many in the media papers.)

Jimbo

OSU had a guy names Justin Zwick ...

I remember him. Didn't he play Canadian or Arena ball later? What happened to him?

...but I prefer people not bash on him when he hasn't even got on the field either. (previous posts and many in the media papers.)

I think everyone on here has been pretty good about not bashing Pryor - just questioning if he will live up to his hype, that's all. Even though I'd hate to see it happen for a team other than mine (;)), I hope he does pan out in the likes of a Vince Young or Michael Vick - they're what make college football fun to watch.

Red Sox may boycott season opening games in Japan

2007 CFBLive Fan Ranking Index

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)