Pryor earns MVP

Friday night he won the state championship in basketball, and tonight he is in Columbus.

Hopefully this is what he's been waiting on, finishing his basketball and now he can move to making a design on playing at the next level in football.

Maybe we'll hear something soon, I originally thought it was childish of him to not choose when the signing date came, but if his B-ball career is over, lets make a choice and get this over with, so the other schools can move on with what they have, it's really unfair to the other schools involved.

Jimbo

WPIAL is not the STATE championships.

Is it only a conference championship? I have never heard of a conference with different classes, or tournaments to decide a conference champion in HS sports before.

On another note, word is that Pryor is headed to PSU next Sunday, and then will make his decision. Pretty clear it's either OSU or PSU.

Is it only a conference championship? I have never heard of a conference with different classes, or tournaments to decide a conference champion in HS sports before.

On another note, word is that Pryor is headed to PSU next Sunday, and then will make his decision. Pretty clear it's either OSU or PSU.

PIAA is the State championship. PIAA - News - 2007-2008 PIAA Basketball Championships Information

There is a bracket for each class.

WPIAL (also pronounced as "WIP-ee-al" around here) is only district 7in the PIAA. All state championships are East Vs. West.

WPIAL : 07-08 B-BB

From Sunday's game:
IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

523735.gif

523737.gif

Any new info on Prior ?

This IS the Sunday that was mentioned earlier, just thought there was suppose to be an announcement or something like that ... at least a leaked reporter to report on these things !

Jimbo

Any new info on Prior ?

This IS the Sunday that was mentioned earlier, just thought there was suppose to be an announcement or something like that ... at least a leaked reporter to report on these things !
I haven't heard anything new. If you don't know about this site already, the Bucknuts recruiting board should satisfy your taste for all the latest information/rumors:

Scout.com: Ohio State Forums List

Any new info on Prior ?

Jimbo

TP's father Craig had heart surgery, so TP was unable to attend PSU last Sunday. Only 4 weekends left before mandatory decision time.

Too bad it would do nothing for PSU football, with or without Prior, they will be medicure at best.
You would think he would chose M or OSU if he wanted to continue being in the spotlight of college football.

Jimbo

Like I said before, MICHIGAN would seem to be the natural fit for his talents, given the change over to the "spread" offense, but if I were him I would be looking at who would convert him to an NFL style QB. Like everybody has said, not too many spread QB's in the NFL.
At any rate, I think his decision is down to OSU and Penn St..

Like I said before, MICHIGAN would seem to be the natural fit for his talents, given the change over to the "spread" offense, but if I were him I would be looking at who would convert him to an NFL style QB. Like everybody has said, not too many spread QB's in the NFL.
At any rate, I think his decision is down to OSU and Penn St..

I actually think he's going to go to PSU and play for the old man.
I think his Dad is having a huge influence on his designe.

Jimbo

So is Prior gonna wait till April to decide ?

I almost hope wherever he goes, tells him, Sorry, we don't have any scholorships left ......
After all, the teams that he does NOT go to have essentially waisted thier time and lack of a potential scholorship to someone else that they could have had.

Jimbo

Don't most colleges leave at least one scholarship open?
At this point I don't really care if this kid comes to Michigan or not, I'd be glad to have him, but i won't care if he doesn't come.

Don't most colleges leave at least one scholarship open?
At this point I don't really care if this kid comes to Michigan or not, I'd be glad to have him, but i won't care if he doesn't come.

I'm feeling the same way, and YES, they usually have a few scholarships held incase a walk on stuns the coaching staff .....

I'm just tired of the scherade .....

You know, wherever he goes, there will still be a big deal made of it and he will unfortunatly , brought on soley by himself, be under intense pressure to perform ...

Maybe it will be best for him to go to PSU, less attention will be given to him and maybe he can live up to the expectations that he has built up for himself.

Thats said, IF he goes to OSU, I hope he fulfills his expectations, unlike someone from ND that was suppose to win 3 Heismans', I can't even remember his name at the moment, not Quinn.

Jimbo

Last edited:
I'm feeling the same way, and YES, they usually have a few scholarships held incase a walk on stuns the coaching staff .....

I'm just tired of the scherade .....

You know, wherever he goes, there will still be a big deal made of it and he will unfortunatly , brought on soley by himself, be under intense pressure to perform ...

Maybe it will be best for him to go to PSU, less attention will be given to him and maybe he can live up to the expectations that he has built up for himself.

Thats said, IF he goes to OSU, I hope he fulfills his expectations, unlike someone from ND that was suppose to win 3 Heismans', I can't even remember his name at the moment, not Quinn.

Jimbo

Jimbo

Do you think there is more pressure at OSU than PSU?

Please, I live in Pa and am no fan of Penn State, but the fan base is just as polarizing and passionate as they are in Columbus, maybe even more so. What was holding Penn State back the last few years, a quarterback if they would ever get one you'd better watch out because their receivers are the best in the Big 10, now.

Please, I live in Pa and am no fan of Penn State, but the fan base is just as polarizing and passionate as they are in Columbus, maybe even more so. What was holding Penn State back the last few years, a quarterback if they would ever get one you'd better watch out because their receivers are the best in the Big 10, now.

There is 10 times the amount of playing QB at OSU than at PSU.
Would you rather play for a always in the top 10 team or a team with much less expectations and maybe end up in the top 15 by the end of the year ?
If Prior seriously wants to go to the next level, his design should be easy.
How many Nittny Lions are going to the NFL each year, a few maybe ?

You had your supposive stud QB and all he did was throw picks to the OSU D* ... It was said that Marroni was the stud that was going to bring PSU back, what a mistake that turned out to be.

The one prior to him was better, I can't remember his name but he was a dual threat , may have been Robinson ...

Why would a stud QB go there when you rely on the coach to be there and there no telling when JoPa will leave ??? He was rumored to be leaving 10 years ago.

I hope you were joking when you posted that there was more pressure playing QB at PSU than OSU, but somehow I don't think you were.

Jimbo

I hope you were joking when you posted that there was more pressure playing QB at PSU than OSU, but somehow I don't think you were.

Jimbo

Dude, there is a college football world outside of Columbus , Ohio.

I can't stand Penn State, I am a UF alum, but I do not live in a bubble. Penn State has a much going for it in football as Ohio State does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)