Ps2

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Just wondering... since everyone here has been ooing and aaahing over the Video Game sales numbers whenever they come out, and how the PS2 is still beating a few consoles it probably shouldn't, has anyone here picked one up?

I'd love to get a PS3 eventually, even just to play a few of the worthwhile games that will be out by then, as well as all of the great PS2 games that have come out over the last while. I've missed out on a couple of Final Fantasy games, Kingdom Harts, God of War, etc.... and fiancee would love to play some of the racing games (my 360 is hooked to my computer monitor, so not as available as a PS2 would be on the normal TV.... she still plays NFS:High Stakes, a game that looks like poo on her PC.... so she's about gameplay not graphics).

Just didn't think I'd be in a position of picking a PS2 up and here I am browsing Craigslist looking for a deal.

Anyone else gone through this lately?

Just wondering, happy Tuesday.

Last edited:
Just wondering... since everyone here has been ooing and aaahing over the Video Game sales numbers whenever they come out, and how the PS2 is still beating a few consoles it probably shouldn't, has anyone here picked one up?
Last year right before Christmas, as I wanted to replace a fat one with the slim one for the kids play room.

Funny you mention the PS2. My wife and I love Guitar Hero 2 for the 360. We're bummed the 80's version is only going to be available for the PS2 ( for now.. ) I briefly thought about picking up a used PS2, but I think I'll wait to see if it's released on the 360. With an xbox, 2 360's, and a Wii, I don't need another gaming console in my house :)

Ya she games enough that if the 360 wasn't as steep as it is, we probably would have a 2nd one already too. Wii doesn't get used as much anymore, we're between gimmicky games I suppose. We just moved, and are looking to turn one of our rooms into a game room with DDR pads and whatnot too though.

The second controller port of my launch "fat" PS2 died, so I traded it a couple of months ago for a new "slim".

Check Garage sales too. I picked up a "fat" ps2 for $5 (no controllers) and a couple of weeks later found a "slim" one with controllers and memory for $30. Games too, often for a dollar or so. Max Payne was marked "pre-owned --$44.95" from a used software store. Garage sale price was 50 cents. GT-4 was $1.

Keep looking.

...she still plays NFS:High Stakes, a game that looks like poo on her PC.... so she's about gameplay not graphics).
I was so addicted to High Stakes on my old PC. I gave it away along with my Sidewinder controller a long time ago, but I still have good memories of playing it. I wish that EA would relaunch an updated version of this game for the new consoles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)