PS3 3.0 update

?Sa?dma???

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
I had to go to settings/system update to prompt this update......but it was available and downloaded fine.

?XMB has been slightly redesigned
?The info board has been replaced with “What’s New”. It will come up as first thing when you start up your PS3, and will be updated regularly.
?The Playstation Store icon has been added in the Games section.
?There’s a video icon that will take you to the video section of the Playstation Store.
?There are sparkles bouncing on the background. If you don’t like the new look of the XMB, you can switch to the old classic look in the Theme section.
?Upper right hand section of the screen has avatar, friend icon and number of friends online, and a piece of mail if you have any messages waiting from any friends on the Playstation Network. Underneath that you have a ticker showing the latest news from the Playstation Network.
?Ability for developers to create dynamic themes. You’ll see a lot of these coming out in the Playstation Store in the next few months.
?A tremendous amount of free and premium avatars will be available through the Playstation Store.
?And more…

Last edited:
Also includes the ability to output stereo audio to multiple outputs simultaneously. If enabled the HDMI still outputs mult-channel audio but is limited to 5.1 at 48/44.1 HZ. Still might be useful if you don't always want to use your stereo for sound.

Except for few useful changes I hate this new FW... :mad:

I mean, what's up with those HUGE fonts? Are they so big that my Granny can see them better... and why is new friends list so ugly? :confused:

Worst of all is all that Spam that Sony added that you cannot turn off... like that scrolling bar under clock, 'what's new' and 'store' addition to the menus... do we really need 3 icons for the store? And In game XMB is so much slower then before.:rant:

I really hope they add ability to change font size and remove unwanted items from XMB.

Also includes the ability to output stereo audio to multiple outputs simultaneously. If enabled the HDMI still outputs mult-channel audio but is limited to 5.1 at 48/44.1 HZ. Still might be useful if you don't always want to use your stereo for sound.

I'm confused. Does that mean the audio outputs (HDMI, composite, optical) are all active simultaneously now?

If you don’t like the new look of the XMB, you can switch to the old classic look in the Theme section.

I too am a bit confused about the new audio setting. It seems to tell me that if I leave all digital outputs live I get 2 channel sound on the non HDMI digital output. Is that correct?

I too am a bit confused about the new audio setting. It seems to tell me that if I leave all digital outputs live I get 2 channel sound on the non HDMI digital output. Is that correct?

Yes. The non-hdmi output stereo and the HDMI outputs 5.1 (44.1 or 48) multi-channel when you activate this option.

Yes. The non-hdmi output stereo and the HDMI outputs 5.1 (44.1 or 48) multi-channel when you activate this option.

thanks. Not sure why I want digital stereo. but it is easier than the old way.

I dont think so, as we have the ranch sauce and subway is REALLY PICKY on what sauces we use..but October 5th I am getting ready to program the registers here soon just in time for football to be really into full swing!

I dont think so, as we have the ranch sauce and subway is REALLY PICKY on what sauces we use..but October 5th I am getting ready to program the registers here soon just in time for football to be really into full swing!

That's funny. Posted on the wrong thread. I wonder what he posted on the other thread.:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts